Just sent this email to Voom-I hope it helps

danielle_s

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Dodge City, Ks
I just sent this email after learning that Cablevision wants to seek alternatives for voom instead of just spinning it off. I hope that some of you here at Satelliteguys.us agree with me and will take time to email with how much you agree with my email and maybe we can make a difference. The Last thing I would like to see is Voom being sold to EchoStar. No offense, I used to have Dish, but I just moved and decided that I want a change.

Begining of Email

I guess cost maybe the most apporiate category for this email considering I would like to see it hand delivered to Cablevision and it's boards of inverstors/directors. But I serously doubt this would happen.

I'm not a voom custmer for 2 reasons. One is the cost of the equipment even a year ago when you launched your service, it was still too expensive. The second reason is because I don't have an HDTV unit.

I have already made plans on getting an HDTV unit in March when the satellite aka Rainbow 2 goes live. This way, getting my HDTV unit + Voom will be well worth the investment.

Since Cablevision has decided to hault it's spinoff, I'm hoping that this email will make some cense to the investors and get them to change their minds and hold on to Voom until Dec. 31st 2005 and then spin off. Voom has or atleast has led us to believe that some major things will be happening for Voom next year and I can't wait to see them.

I think that Voom can survive on it's own if the following is activated immediately:

1) Free equipment for 1 room with a 2yr contract. I believe that by getting people to sign a 2yr contract with no money up front you can make some of your cost back and sign up more people. What about 3 or more rooms? Then charge them $24.99 per room.

2)Echostar has made it public that you can put out a piece of garbage and people will buy it. Your DVR is not ready? Release it anyway and people will buy it. You can always upgrade the software as need be to make it better.

3)What about Referral Programs. I emailed you guys about a customer referral program awhile back and I have yet to see anything about one on the voom.com website. The best advertising is WORD-OF-MOUTH. Make your current satisfied customers do your advertising for you. It's cheaper in the long run.

4)If you can get Rainbow 2 working in before March, It would be awesome. I know that people need new dishes so that they can look at both locations. Lets start a test stream now and get people hooked up so that when the satellite goes live they don't have to worry bout getting a new dish.

5)Seperate your HDTV from your SD. When you do that, people like me will actually join. Then when we get our HDTV unit, we can just add the HDTV package. I would join Voom Tomorrow if I wasn't paying $50.00 a month to receive HDTV programing that I can't watch it. Now if I was paying $24.99 to $29.99 a month for the SD channels I would join.

6)What about special offers for new/existing customers. Directv was giving free DVD players to new customers. Who says that only Directv can do that? NOBODY. People liking getting things for free. We could be controlled to do just about anything if we were getting something for free.

Let's Continue Voom and make it the best Satellite Company on the Market Today,
Danielle

The reference number for your question is '041227-000005'.

I will let you all know what their response is,
Danielle :)

Totally agree with you on Dish... I would hate to have to use Dish Equipent again. voOm's equipement is much better IMO.

And voom currently is running an offer of 3 rooms installed for $1/receiver. (not quite free but about as close as your going to get).

And I would still get voom now.... you can watch all the HD programs on voom, jsut not in HD unless you use the component/dvi outs. The svideo will down rez the HD stuff to your TV.

It doesn't matter what you write of what your category is, you will receive a canned repsponse that will say "We blah, blah blah blah your concerns and are forwarding this to the proper personnel". End of story, no follow up, nothing done.
5)Seperate your HDTV from your SD. When you do that, people like me will actually join. Then when we get our HDTV unit, we can just add the HDTV package. I would join Voom Tomorrow if I wasn't paying $50.00 a month to receive HDTV programing that I can't watch it. Now if I was paying $24.99 to $29.99 a month for the SD channels I would join.
Danielle, you obviously are unaware that you CAN watch the HD channels on an analog TV, all the outputs are hot simultaneously, I have one in my HT hooked to a HD projector and the other one in my family room hooked to a 27" analog TV. It's not HD, but it is one damn nice lookin picture, so this argument does not hold water. Voom needs to educate the public and stress the fact that ALL channels can be viewed NOW with ANY TV.

How about they ( the installers ) only get paid if the job is done right.

2)Echostar has made it public that you can put out a piece of garbage and people will buy it. Your DVR is not ready? Release it anyway and people will buy it. You can always upgrade the software as need be to make it better.

The only issue i have with this theory is that Echostar had in the area of 8 million customers before they sprung this piece of crap on Dish customers.
Voom has made way too many mistakes early on to survive another equipment fiasco. and we all know installs stink would screw something up along the way

Their Response

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Karyn W.) - 12/27/2004 05:08 PM
Thank you for choosing VOOM - the leader in High Definition
Programming!

As a growing company, we certainly appreciate your feedback. I will
be sure to share this information with the right people here at VOOM
who will use it, along with all the comments and requests we receive
every day to ensure we grow into the leader among all satellite and
cable services.

Thank you for your interest in VOOM. If you have any additional
questions, please don't hesitate to e-mail us. When you are ready to get
VOOM in your home, please give us a call at 1-800-GET-VOOM.

James K.
VOOM Sales Representative
www.voom.com

My Thoughts:
It seems that their response is much more bland to this email than they were to an email I sent a couple of months ago. I guess James & Karyn have no intelligence or don't even watch Voom.

I thank you all for your responses to my post and hope that you have all emailed or called voom and let them know that you agreed with my letter even if it was a tiny part.

Danielle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts