Just snow on my Direct TV connection?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You are really over thinking this. The white coax cable from the wall goes to the box with the green light on it. From there it goes to the D12. From there connect the white coax to the television. Don't connect the yellow/white/red cable. Tune the tv to either channel 3 or 4.

You are really over thinking this. The white coax cable from the wall goes to the box with the green light on it. From there it goes to the D12. From there connect the white coax to the television. Don't connect the yellow/white/red cable. Tune the tv to either channel 3 or 4.
raoul5788.trouble is I can't think to straight anymore.Yes the white coax cable comes out of the wall to the box with the green light..and then there's a second white cable from the box to the D12.Where you lose me is when you write..from there connect white coax to the television.Do you mean..unplug the second white coax at the bigger top box,and where do I plug it into on the TV?The three plugs yellow white and red are on one black flat wire.Should I unplug them at the top box or at the bottom back of the TV?

What cable connects the D12 to the tv? What make and model tv do you have?

What cable connects the D12 to the tv? What make and model tv do you have?
The red,yellow and white plugs on the flat black wire connect from the D12 to the TV.The thicker white cable just goes to the D12 from the floor box with the green light.The TV is an old(age unknown) RCA model XL100.

Google for back and got . . .
xl_100_epr295v_1130463.jpg

at http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/rca_xl_100_epr295v.html

Nothing happens when the buttons are pressed and where the three colors plug into the bottom of the TV it just reads ,Input.Could someone post a n ad from Walmart showing the cable I'd possibly need?...thanks.
Take a look at the Yellow wire coming out of the Directv box that goes into the TV, make sure they are color for color as in the Yellow goes into the Yellow on the TV.

Where are these Red White and Yellow cables you were talking about, I don't see them on the back of the TV anywhere.
I don't see any where on this TV that that type of connection would work.
Jimbo,that's a picture that Drucifer posted.It maybe the same model but mine is totally different.Likely a different year.

Jimbo,they are all in the correct place.
The TV that shows in the picture doesn't show any place for these connections.

You either need to get the TV to the correct input, or if you have an RF (coax) input on the TV and a coax output from the D Recvr, place a coax on those connections and go to channel 3 or 4

However, I am thinking that the input is in the channels after the highest channel available to you.

What is the actual model number off the TV ... xl-100 was a model simular to the Bravia is for the Sonys.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts