Just snow on my Direct TV connection?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There should be a tv/vcr switch on the remote. Make sure it is set to tv, and try entering 91 again.

Move that switch to the left and make sure the Directv box is turned on. Is the snow gone?

I have the switch at the top of the DirectTV remote all the way to the right on TV,instead of all the way to the left at the Direct TV logo

Move that switch to the left and make sure the Directv box is turned on.

The only thing is when I first turn on the remote it reads AV input 91..shouldn't it read 3 ?..but it's playing great on all channels.

NO, in order for you to use the D* service that is using the A/V inputs it needs to STAY on 91.
Jimbo,I pushed the switch at the top of the remote like I had done earlier and suggested by Chip and just kept pressing all the buttons and 91 came up.It might have been the Menu button that did the trick..with all the great help from you and the other fellows who replied and this cool forum.Many thanks again.

Jimbo,I pushed the switch at the top of the remote like I had done earlier and suggested by Chip and just kept pressing all the buttons and 91 came up.It might have been the Menu button that did the trick..with all the great help from you and the other fellows who replied and this cool forum.Many thanks again.
So, the question is, if you turn on the TV and it's on channel 3 we'll say, can you get it back on 91 ?

You really need a newer TV, more updated.

So, the question is, if you turn on the TV and it's on channel 3 we'll say, can you get it back on 91 ?

You really need a newer TV, more updated.
Jimbo,I don't even want to try setting it manually to 3..I thought they all had to be set to 3 or 4?I might never get it back again if I fool around with it.Way too much agravation.So I just leave it as is,correct?Can't afford an updated TV or new one right now.

You only set it to 3 or 4 if you are using a coax cable from the D12 to the tv. Leave it on 91.

Reactions: mldave
Jimbo,I don't even want to try setting it manually to 3..I thought they all had to be set to 3 or 4?I might never get it back again if I fool around with it.Way too much agravation.So I just leave it as is,correct?Can't afford an updated TV or new one right now.
Then I suggest leaving it where it is.

No way! Channel 91. The TV in our living room growing up had to be on channel 91 to watch our VCR. That was the only way to get the AV Input, too. It was one of those faux-wood sets. My parents didn't get it either, especially when most people used channel 4. They'd tell the VCR to record channel 91 when it had to be recording the channel you were watching, OTA analog and then analog cable. When they got Dish, trying to convince my parents that the TV had to stay on 91 was a lot like - Chip on this thread. They only got rid of that TV about 3 years ago.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts