Just wondering

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Eluxman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
Maryland
Ok here goes I have cable @ my main home & I have Direct TV @ my vacation home. I couldn’t get my local channels so I told direct TV I moved my equipment to my main home but I really didn’t & now I get my locals & now I think I like to get Direct TV @ my main home & get rid of cable & get rid of my direct TV at my vacation home & just take my box with me on vacation to my vacation place to watch for the 2 weeks I'm there. Here are my concerns

#1 @ home on cable I have 3 TV’s I like to have hi def on one & the other 2 no is there going to have to be all new cable run in order to switch.

#2 I've had a account for over a year should I contact Direct & tell them I moved my equipment which never left to begin with to my vacation place in order to get them to install @ my main house & will it be a free install? most of these offers says new customer how do you define new customer ?

#3 I have high speed Internet with my cable what should I replace it with?

#4 Last question I had a different dish company not Direct @ my vacation place that would not keep the signal because of trees I did like the box's they used because 1 box would run two TV’s 2 remotes & you watch different shows @ same time does Direct TV have any box's like this so there would be less wiring

Last edited:
#1 @ home on cable I have 3 TV’s I like to have hi def on one & the other 2 no is there going to have to be all new cable run in order to switch.

You should be fine using the same cable installed currently if you decide to completely cancel your cable TV service. If your home is quite old, it may be advantageous to have new runs installed.

If you elect to keep your Cable Internet... make sure the installer doesn't kill the line.

#2 I've had a account for over a year should I contact Direct & tell them I moved my equipment which never left to begin with to my vacation place in order to get them to install @ my main house & will it be a free install? most of these offers says new customer how do you define new customer ?
My opinion would be to "move" back to the vacation home address which is where it was originally. I'd then call Movers Connection and have a proper move performed, usually a free install with extra perks (HBO/SHO free for 3 months usually). (This may or may not be a problem if your billing address is your home, others should weigh in on this)

You do not qualify for new customer offers. You must be a completely new customer providing a new name and telephone number. Your wife might be lucky enough to swing it as a new customer.

#3 I have high speed Internet with my cable what should I replace it with?
You could keep cable internet. There is nothing saying that you have to subscribe to cable to have service. If you are looking to change, DSL or FIOS would really be your only other options.

#4 Last question I had a different dish company not Direct @ my vacation place that would not keep the signal because of trees I did like the box's they used because 1 box would run two TV’s 2 remotes & you watch different shows @ same time does Direct TV have any box's like this so there would be less wiring
Sorry, D* currently only allows 1 show to be played per receiver, and some receivers have the option of an RF remote. You can have "unlimited" TVs playing that show if wired correctly. The Multi-Room Viewing feature you refer to is on the wish list for a lot of people here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)