Just Wondering?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

moosejr

Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
Iowa
I'm not sure if i am putting this in the right spot forgive me if i'm not. So here it goes i haven't use my cband dishes in quite some time i have a 8 foot uniden and a 6 foot zenith dish and a uniden and a zenith receiver both are analog.
i know i would probably have to update to a digital receiver, but whats still out there on FTA wildfeeds if you can pint me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Wellcome to the forum Moose. Yes there are lots of feeds, but those are not really scheduled, you have to find them. What is on everyday can be found in TheList SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - TheList. Of course there always changes. Yes you will need a digital receiver, preferably one capable of DVBS-2

Welcome to the site moose!!

Yes get you a new digital DVB-S2 receiver, like the miroHD, and there is still plenty of wildfeeds to find.

I'm not sure if i am putting this in the right spot forgive me if i'm not. So here it goes i haven't use my cband dishes in quite some time i have a 8 foot uniden and a 6 foot zenith dish and a uniden and a zenith receiver both are analog.

About the only thing that your older receivers will be good for is moving a dish and that's what I use for two of my dishes. What type receiver you buy will really depend on what your wanting to watch and the amount your wanting to spend as some channels are digital and others are not, if I were you I'd buy the new MicroHD which would cover both and priced right. Now if your also after paid programing then you would have to find a used 4DTV receiver along with the FTA receiver to have both.

Where in Iowa are you located?

There is a handful of analog stations still out there
Classic Arts
Shepherd's Chapel
HSN
QVC
ShopNBC
C-Span
Inspiration Network
EWTN (leaving in November)

Right thoughts. The three receivers that appear to be the most cost effective are the Micro, S10 and Manhattan. All of those get different kinds of signals, including S2. They are all priced competitively also. The only other thing you need is an lnbf. A lot of guys like the 741 C/Ku. So for a couple hundred bucks you could be back in business.

A lot of feeds. Best way to get most of them (sports, network) is to pay attention to the schedules and just before they air, someone will have grabbed it and posted the settings. Football can be outstanding. I hope they don't go all fiber optic this year.

Thanks for all the welcomes, looked at the review of the microhd that looks like the one for me. If you have in links to good places to get one and a new lnbf would be appreciated been awhile don't know who's good and who's not as far as retailers.

I'm in the Nw part of Iowa about an hour for Fort dodge.

I remember watching football when i still had the dishes up and going quite good even then and could watch almost any game i wished.

Just make sure you don't buy anything from Leomall.com as they have piss poor customer support and don't have a warranty on their stuff!

Oh, and the LNBF needs to be the "S" model, ie, DMX-741s, which is the "standard" one. I made the mistake of buying the "U" version on my original purchase and it's got some funky settings for Ku that are for Europe, not the USA.

I will be pulling everything out this weekend i had both dishes put away in storage neighbors are gonna love me lol .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts