K2 News on 123W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SpiffWilkie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Memphis, TN
Does anyone here ever watch K2 news out of Wyoming? Is it just me, or does it seem to be produced by College or HS student? Maybe it's just the fact that everyone looks 12.:D

its small town so it does look "low budget"

We have some like that here in MN...once you get out of Minneapolis the other areas news looks small town :)

But those make it fun

One of the many cool things about FTA, you get to watch local news from all over.

Spiffwinkie:

I've noticed over the years, that a lot of people are looking younger LOL

K2

Their studio is just down the road from my house.

I have a friend who works there now, who used to work with me at KCWY13.

The reality is that there is just not enough good help in the Casper, WY area.

The production assistants get paid less than the kids who work at the local Burger King. The producers make very little money for their journalist college degrees. They can barely afford their own apartments. Housing here in Casper is very expensive since the last oil boom.

The local talent is what they can farm from the college students fresh out of school. The better talent gets fished into the bigger cities with higher salaries.

Both stations have a high turn over rate and lack the polish you see in bigger cities. If not for their broadcasts, I wouldn't get any local news.

The morning show is the worst because that's where the newbies usually start until they mature and move up to prime time. They usually burn out and switch careers before they move up.

This is typical in the smaller towns, you just may never get a chance to see it. Somehow, K2 made its way through a satellite.

You should have seen KENW-TV channel 3 PBS from Portales, NM they always have goofs up and blooper all the time when they are learning in the broadcasting school ENMU "Eastern New Mexico Universty" that I used to get it on Directv!!:D

Sadly Directv, decided take this poor PBS station off line and it shoud be part of Albuquerque's DMA even though Portales is only 5 miles from Texas border.:(

Great beer party town, back in the 88's oh the good times.......:cool::bow

I watch KCWY13 every night... Haven't watched K2 in a while.. I am in Tennessee, but I really like to watch the news in casper.. Its always funny to see the reporters. I remember one time that they rolled the wrong credits at the top of the newscast, and the reporter just slapped his hands on the desk, and said "What do we have to do to get any respect around here??" jokeingly.. I enjoy that kind of stuff.. Lets me know that they are alive :)

Also, I do remember one time I was watching K2 on Saturday night at 10PM.. The two anchors looked to be 18 or 19, and the tape that they were going to show didn't roll.. The two reporters just looked puzzled at each other, for 5 seconds on the air, and then said "well..... I guess we don't have that story right now". lol.

The first time I seen K2 news it was the weekend. I called my wife over to show her, the high school kids doing the news as a class project.

When Monday rolled around and the high school kids were still there, I realized that they were the real reporters. I have to admit they are the youngest group of anchors and reporters I every seen on TV nighlty news.

There's not a lot of money in a TV station these days. Small market locals (like ours here in ME) are forced to unload the expensive experienced people and hire young talent. Makes it interesting though.

E

One of the many cool things about FTA, you get to watch local news from all over.

Spiffwinkie:

I've noticed over the years, that a lot of people are looking younger LOL

I couldnt agree more.
I've noticed over the years, <edit - EVERYBODY is - edit> looking younger LOL

Guess that's better than the alternative..:rolleyes:
Yeah, I've seen some stuff that reminds me of how some of the FOX programs slam FOX especially Married with Children. It's good they can laugh at themselves, keeps it real.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)