KA Band.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bobsav2001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 5, 2008
St rémi Québec Canada
Is ka band worth to have,and what do i need to change on my fta setup.
I have a fortec star dish 36'' and a Ariza 700 receiver.

Thanks fror the info....Bob....

I don't think there is any FTA on KA band. But you would need a KA band LNB(F) and a receiver capable of KA band LOF settings. And a lot of patience and perserverance to tune it in.

Yup just data transponders and dtv . However how knows if some of that directv KA goes ITC.

The microHD supports KA LO. Have played around with the DirecTV KA LNBF and band convertor that upconverts to IF 950-2150 range.

Blind Scan and find carriers, but no TV services. If the channels are ever in the clear, I have never been testing at the right time to catch anything.

I also would be interested in anyone else's reports of experimenting with KA-band. Is anyone finding anything in the clear?

I also would be interested in anyone else's reports of experimenting with KA-band. Is anyone finding anything in the clear?

just data transmissions and video from DIRECTV that uses some propriatory DVB-S2 flavor that the MicroHD or other receivers/PCI cards I have can't lock onto -- thus no way to check for occasional FTA possibility of DIRECTV services.

Oh really?
I thought i'd read a few years back that they were using an industry standard format on Ka.
For a change.
Perhaps that info was wrong.
With all the millions of chipsets they buy, I can see it being proprietary.
Too bad the FCC doesn't enforce standards, like they do for OTA. :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)