ka/ku install question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

anth75

Original poster
Nov 16, 2004
installing one of these this weekend and looking to buy a signal meter thats not gonna put a dent in my walet.my question is will this work on the new dish?its a SF-95 Signal Level Meter.thanks

Attachments

• satfind2.gif
    satfind2.gif
    9.4 KB · Views: 197
ok,thanks for the info,will try to take the patient pay out!

Last edited:
Oh, contraire. The Birdog does not pick up the 250-750mhz part of the Ka and the Birdog download for Ka-Ku 5-LNB only selects the 101 and 119 Ku for alignment. You don’t align to any Ka birds, only Ku. Your SF-25 will work ok but a digital meter is best when balancing the levels in the Ka-Ku procedure.
Bob
Smthkd said:
This will only pick up the KU band satellites and not the new KA bands. They are on a higher frequency and this will not pick those up.
You need something for like this: http://sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Accessories/Meters/Birdog-Satellite-signal-meter.htm
But if your patient enough some have been able to tune just by following the setup instructions from the settop box!

little dish guy said:
Oh, contraire. The Birdog does not pick up the 250-750mhz part of the Ka and the Birdog download for Ka-Ku 5-LNB only selects the 101 and 119 Ku for alignment. You don’t align to any Ka birds, only Ku. Your SF-25 will work ok but a digital meter is best when balancing the levels in the Ka-Ku procedure.
Bob
You do realize you only repeated what I said just in another way right!? Like I said before, that device will "NOT" pick up the KA band frequency, only KU band which are the 101 and 119 birds. The 2 KA band sats are located within these sats locations and you "WILL" need to fine tune the dish to receive the signals!;) I do understand that the Birdog only receive the 101 and 119 but it is compatible for use with the AT9 KA/KU dish, again getting the most accurate signal that also needs fine tuning for 99 and 103 sats.

Last edited:
I apologize if I misunderstood your point. My hasty reading habits led me to think you were advocating alignment on the actual Ka birds, which we know is a mistake.
Humble Bob
Smthkd said:
You do realize you only repeated what I said just in another way right!? Like I said before, that device will "NOT" pick up the KA band frequency, only KU band which are the 101 and 119 birds. The 2 KA band sats are located within these sats locations and you "WILL" need to fine tune the dish to receive the signals!;) I do understand that the Birdog only receive the 101 and 119 but it is compatible for use with the AT9 KA/KU dish, again getting the most accurate signal that also needs fine tuning for 99 and 103 sats.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)