ka/ku install question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

anth75

Original poster
Nov 16, 2004
installing one of these this weekend and looking to buy a signal meter thats not gonna put a dent in my walet.my question is will this work on the new dish?its a SF-95 Signal Level Meter.thanks

Attachments

• satfind2.gif
    satfind2.gif
    9.4 KB · Views: 197
ok,thanks for the info,will try to take the patient pay out!

Last edited:
Oh, contraire. The Birdog does not pick up the 250-750mhz part of the Ka and the Birdog download for Ka-Ku 5-LNB only selects the 101 and 119 Ku for alignment. You don’t align to any Ka birds, only Ku. Your SF-25 will work ok but a digital meter is best when balancing the levels in the Ka-Ku procedure.
Bob
Smthkd said:
This will only pick up the KU band satellites and not the new KA bands. They are on a higher frequency and this will not pick those up.
You need something for like this: http://sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Accessories/Meters/Birdog-Satellite-signal-meter.htm
But if your patient enough some have been able to tune just by following the setup instructions from the settop box!

little dish guy said:
Oh, contraire. The Birdog does not pick up the 250-750mhz part of the Ka and the Birdog download for Ka-Ku 5-LNB only selects the 101 and 119 Ku for alignment. You don’t align to any Ka birds, only Ku. Your SF-25 will work ok but a digital meter is best when balancing the levels in the Ka-Ku procedure.
Bob
You do realize you only repeated what I said just in another way right!? Like I said before, that device will "NOT" pick up the KA band frequency, only KU band which are the 101 and 119 birds. The 2 KA band sats are located within these sats locations and you "WILL" need to fine tune the dish to receive the signals!;) I do understand that the Birdog only receive the 101 and 119 but it is compatible for use with the AT9 KA/KU dish, again getting the most accurate signal that also needs fine tuning for 99 and 103 sats.

Last edited:
I apologize if I misunderstood your point. My hasty reading habits led me to think you were advocating alignment on the actual Ka birds, which we know is a mistake.
Humble Bob
Smthkd said:
You do realize you only repeated what I said just in another way right!? Like I said before, that device will "NOT" pick up the KA band frequency, only KU band which are the 101 and 119 birds. The 2 KA band sats are located within these sats locations and you "WILL" need to fine tune the dish to receive the signals!;) I do understand that the Birdog only receive the 101 and 119 but it is compatible for use with the AT9 KA/KU dish, again getting the most accurate signal that also needs fine tuning for 99 and 103 sats.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts