Ka\KU install questions...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

riggscm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Hey gang,

I'm set for Nov 3 to get upgraded to a 5 LNB dish and a HR-20. Currently I have a 3LNB, with 4 coax feeds coming into the house connectiing to my 5x8 multiswitch. Now I've asked a few people @ D* if the installer will need to bring more coax feeds into the house, and I've gotten what I consider to be conflicting answers. Since a few of you have a KA\KU dish can you please tell me if the installer will need to bring in more coax or not? Also, I am getting upgraded to a 6x8 multiswitch... if more feeds are not needed, then why the upgrade? Finally, I heard that I can't feed my OTA through the 6x8, due to the stacking of signals, is that still true?

Thanks in advance for your help

Hey gang,

I'm set for Nov 3 to get upgraded to a 5 LNB dish and a HR-20. Currently I have a 3LNB, with 4 coax feeds coming into the house connectiing to my 5x8 multiswitch. Now I've asked a few people @ D* if the installer will need to bring more coax feeds into the house, and I've gotten what I consider to be conflicting answers. Since a few of you have a KA\KU dish can you please tell me if the installer will need to bring in more coax or not? Also, I am getting upgraded to a 6x8 multiswitch... if more feeds are not needed, then why the upgrade? Finally, I heard that I can't feed my OTA through the 6x8, due to the stacking of signals, is that still true?

the 5 LNB dish still only uses 4 cables. The installer took my 3 LNB down, put the 5 LNB up in it's place. Simple as that.

You need the new 6x8 switch as your old switch cannot "talk" to the KA sats. Only the Zinwell 6x8 or 6x16 can be used with the new 5 LNB switch. This should be free as part of the upgrade.

And yes, you cannot diplex your OTA signal in with the 5 LNB dish because it uses the same frequency as the KA band sat signals do. Your antenna will need it's own cable run to your receiver.

Hey gang,

The three and five LNB dishes both need 4 lines run into a multiswitch. The B band converter is why you can't use the OTA connected to the multiswitch. The new D* configuration starts at 250 MHZ which is just above where channel 13 is(210MHZ) so all UHF channels would have a conflicting signal.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts