Kansas City Area HD OTA

nuklhd

Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
Raytown, MO
Greetings:

I recently dropped Cable and want to do an OTA antenna, it looks to me like I will have to use a rotor with my setup due to the degree of antennas. I was looking at the HD7080P with The HDP269 pre-amp per suggestion of Antennaweb ranging from 4.8 to 8.6 miles, I am in somewhat of a valley with tons of large trees around me any suggestions are appriciated.

Mike

Assignment
* yellow - uhf KMCI-DT 38.1 IND LAWRENCE KS 238° 4.8 36
* yellow - uhf KSHB-DT 41.1 NBC KANSAS CITY MO 238° 4.8 42
* yellow - vhf KMBC-DT 9.1 ABC KANSAS CITY MO 323° 6.0 7
* yellow - uhf KCPT-DT 19.1 PBS KANSAS CITY MO 341° 5.2 18
* yellow - uhf KCWE-DT 29.1 UPN KANSAS CITY MO 323° 6.0 31
* yellow - uhf KPXE-DT 50.1 i KANSAS CITY MO 280° 3.2 51
* green - uhf KSMO-DT 62.1 WB KANSAS CITY MO 347° 5.5 47
* red - uhf KCTV-DT 5.1 CBS KANSAS CITY MO 297° 8.0 24
* blue - uhf WDAF-DT 4.1 FOX KANSAS CITY MO 295° 8.6 34

The yellows you will be able to pick up regardless of the antenna or direction, so concentrate on the weaker ones like CBS and FOX.

I'd put a CM 4228 on the roof and aim it at 296 degrees. You'll probably pick up all the stations. No pre-amp will probably be necessary, but if you have to have one the HDP269 is for close in urban amplification like your situation.

Probably no need to worry about 9.1 (actually on ch 7 your only VHF station) you are close enough you'll pick it up on a coat hanger.

Jim:

Thanks for the input, I will follow up on tghat when I do an antenna. Last nite I plugged the cable that I am using for just the locals into the tv's outlet for digital cable in ( TV has an HD receiver built in), and I was ablt to get about 5 channels in HD so I might not even fool with the antenna right now...

Thanks,
Mike

nuklhd said:
Jim:

Thanks for the input, I will follow up on tghat when I do an antenna. Last nite I plugged the cable that I am using for just the locals into the tv's outlet for digital cable in ( TV has an HD receiver built in), and I was ablt to get about 5 channels in HD so I might not even fool with the antenna right now...

Thanks,
Mike

It sounds like your TV has a built-in QAM tuner. My Sanyo 26" LCD HDTV has one and I've got the incoming cable line connected to "Digital Antenna In". With that scan (I'm just southwest of Hartford, CT), I get the primary channel for 5 locals (CBS, ABC, WB, NBC and FOX) plus PBS-HD, which is on when cable-only WEDH-DT (PBS) of Hartford is off the air.

I don't know exactly what tuner it has in it it is a Hitachi Ultravision, I do know that I am very happy about it though. This is now saving me approx. $65 a month nat having to get digital plus and HD box...

My primary TV viewing is the major locals in HD.

Thanks,
Mike:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts