51.5 KB · Views: 106
  • Photo042.jpg
    Photo042.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 95
  • Photo043.jpg
    Photo043.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 108
Let us know how it turns out!

Tell him you won't charge him anything to remove that eyesore from his place, and you'll even use your own tools, and clean up after yourself! If he bites, take 3 or 4 guys with you because those things are heavy!

Tie it off with ropes, and use a sawzall to cut along the bottom slowly just enough so it can be pulled over and down while the pole is bending along the cut, but not enough where it breaks off quickly and slams into the ground. Like cutting a tree, but without a wedge cut on the side you want it to drop to.

I brought down a 65 lb HH motor stuck to the top of a 10' pole.
But we took the dish off first. (so not really too much risk).
I'm not supporting the idea with a heavy dish & mount at the top.
Remember, you only get one chance to screw it up. ;)
And by all means make an A-frame to hold the pole half way down. :up
?.

oh i definitly was gonna get a boom truck. wasn't gonna take any chances damaging that beauty. sadly he still doesn't want to part with it. he likes the shade from it so i said I'd replace the dish with a nice big patio umbrella. i offered to remove it for free, replace it with a flag pole and and flag (thanks Anole for the suggestion) ... no dice. I just get the feeling he wants me to get it working for him for free. some peoples kids!

oh i definitly was gonna get a boom truck. wasn't gonna take any chances damaging that beauty. sadly he still doesn't want to part with it. he likes the shade from it so i said I'd replace the dish with a nice big patio umbrella. i offered to remove it for free, replace it with a flag pole and and flag (thanks Anole for the suggestion) ... no dice. I just get the feeling he wants me to get it working for him for free. some peoples kids!

When they do that to me, i tell them all the mods they need to make , the type of receiver they need to buy, the pointing basics, scanning basics and that all the info they need is on the net.
then i leave.. Their dish is setting there doing nothing pointing west like all the nonused dishes seem to be - for a reason.
i will come back in a year and ask them how they made out knowing that it is still pointed west so nothing was done.

Status
Please reply by conversation.