KBS World Launching as PI Channel

wkomorow said:
Won't it have been easier and better use of space to put KBS at 110/119, and move one of the other PI channels on the wing satellites?

Nope... what if you as an E* customer love one of the PI channels on 110/119 now E* rips it out and puts it on the wing birds. Now in your eyes it's gone. Adding it to a wing is easier and now all E* has to say is, go get it if you want it, we did you a favor and offer it for free.

Not that i'm interested - but this channel is NOT showing up on either my 622 or 211 this morning - and I have a 61.5 dish - and subscribe to HD Platinum.

Any thoughts?

I have 61.5 with HD gold and don't see it either. Nothing at all showing between DUBAI (649) and MLODY (671) for that matter.

I had expected to see something in the uplink reports, hasn't been there either. I think somebody in engineering must have not got the memo.

I don't speak Korean by the way. Is there much or any English language stuff on KBS?

Pepper said:
I had expected to see something in the uplink reports, hasn't been there either. I think somebody in engineering must have not got the memo.

I don't speak Korean by the way. Is there much or any English language stuff on KBS?

About 75% of the programming has English subtittles. They do a great job in subtittling the dramas and such, but do a really poor job in subtittling the news, however. I think the news is being subtittled in real time.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I sent an email and got a reply that it SHOULD be on and they are looking into it. I know for a fact that it's not on.

Haha, what a bureacratic answer. My contact has no dates in his/her system when the wings will get the KBS PI channel. I don't think they let everyone at E* know when they made this decision. Oh, man, hats off to DISH! :hatsoff:

Rexorg said:
I have been looking for KBS World too, but so far no luck finding it. While I wouldn't pay extra to get it, I enjoy any channel I can get for what I'm paying.
KBS AMERICA been available free for a while, but only on 121. It is also suppose to be on 118 now. The question is did they add it to 61.5 and 148.

No KBS on 61.5 yet...

Just checked the listing by removing the connections to 121 and KBS disappears from the Guide... I have a connection for 61.5 as well but no KBS shows up... Maybe soon... but not yet...

Jk

When it comes on 61.5 and 148, you should see it on 652 instead of 9850 (on 121). 9850 makes more sense for a PI channel.

A while ago, I read a press release from KBS that stated that it had reached agreement with Dish to expand its service to 3 million dish viewers, so the Dish press release makes some sense.

BTW, according to Worldscreen, KBS is on a major expansion spree worldwide:
http://www.worldscreen.com/newscurrent.php?filename=kbs71106.htm

Any update on this? Seeing as how KBS is the only worthwhile channel in the Korean pack, it'd save me $25 a month if they throw it out there as a PI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts