KCWY13 G-19 99W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bpalone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
44N 105W
They have been having poor video quality here lately. Then late last night or early this morning there is nothing. Still show a Q of 71 or so, but no video or audio. My A3 says scrambled, but I think it defaults to that if it can't get a lock. Does anyone know the facts?

Thanks in advance.

They changed their pids. Have you tried rescanning to at least get them in? I can't guarantee the video won't still suck though. Here they are: vid is 651, and audio is 681

Reactions: T134
They have been having poor video quality here lately. Then late last night or early this morning there is nothing. Still show a Q of 71 or so, but no video or audio. My A3 says scrambled, but I think it defaults to that if it can't get a lock. Does anyone know the facts?

Thanks in advance.
Have good audio but video is black and white with rolling horizontal colour bars on Amiko mini se.

Yep anytime a channel does this don't forget to do a re-scan, to find out for sure.

Have good audio but video is black and white with rolling horizontal colour bars on Amiko mini se.
Same here. Watchable b/w picture and good sound on Amiko Mini HD SE but ghosting/lines appear in red, blue or green. Tried deleting channel and rescanning with both auto pid and manual pid but no difference.

Thanks for the replys. I thought that maybe something had went a head and laid down on them. But, I guess not.

Stupid thing for Mini guys to check, b&w rolling picture sounds like what happens when a device is in 576/50 PAL (Europe) mode. If it is only on this channel, disregard the suggestion as it would be your entire picture on any channel and in menus if this were the case.

Unfortunately Jen & I are leaving out of town early tomorrow so I don't have time to setup C-band small dish to check this and get a sample for the engineers. I'll try to get someone else to check this and get me the proper sample to get it fixed.

Also, Mini HD SE guys, we just released new 2.0.38 firmware several hours ago at www.namini.tk Obviously it isn't meant for this possible/probable issue but it is worth a try. Adds some new features anyway.

No problem with your receivers. This is an issue at the uplink. Appears that the sync is not present in the video. Might be a bad cable or connector between the signal source and the encoder. A component video signal without sync shows as black and white often with flashing colors. Been this way for about a week. :(

I agree with Brian, I noticed the same bad picture quality this past weekend, the sound was ok. I didn't think it was my A3 either as it came in fine all the time before. I figured it was something to do with the uplink as well somewhere and thought it would be fixed soon. I ended up changing channels to a network feed to get the football game (at the time), to come in much better. :) Sounds like it isn't fixed yet. Oh well, such is life with FTA, we get what we pay for which is always free.

Last edited:
Heard from a very reliable source this feed is going away end of year and if the encoder dies it will go away when it dies. They are moving to IP delivery and most of their sites are already moved over. Sorry to report.

in this case the feed if they sent it via internet (fibre) will be 1/3 the cost and in HD compared to the SD uplinking.

for a small station that would be a lot of money saved

Reactions: neljtorres
I know Gray owns the station now (and Gray is pretty big) but even the engineer there said most were already done via fibre (found the quote elsewhere)
It has been a high cost way of delivering our signal to far sites, most are now feed via fiber, and others will be feed with an H.264 stream over the internet.

Some of their "far site" translators are still in ANALOG!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts