Keep Getting Message That OTA Tuner Was Disconnected

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

120inna55

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Athens, Texas, United States
All day today, while my wife has been watching satellite broadcast channels, there have been periodic blank screens. It happens maybe every 30 min or so. Lasts only a couple seconds. Then the channel banner comes on and the broadcast soon follows. Minor nuisance only. All sat signal strengths are fine.

Just now, I got a message something to the effect of "Oops, your OTA Tuner was disconnected..." It goes on to prompt me to restart the Hopper or dismiss to later. I let it reboot. Checked the guide, the OTA channels were still listed, but I didn't attempt to tune to any of them. (My antenna is on a 50' mast and it's not aimed for the channels currently programmed. This means this time of year, I can't tune any of them anyway. I could re-aim the antenna and I'd get the East Texas channels, but I don't need OTA unless there's a network dispute.) Anyway, as soon as I abandoned the guide and went back to the live satellite broadcast network channel, I got the message that the OTA Tuner had been disconnected again and received the same prompt to reboot. Again, I let it reboot. I checked to ensure the Tuner dongle and associated connections are firmly plugged. Until I just now checked them, they haven't been touched for months at least.

Is this indicative of the Tuner dongle dying?

Thanks, guys.

I had a similar message regarding the snap last week.

I Unplugged the snap, rebooted the hopper, and reinserted the snap and all was good.

You might try doing the same with the ota dongle if the message persists.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: 120inna55

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts