Keeping Track of Favorites?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
OK people, I just got my Ku capabilities back after about a year of it being gone and I'm running into a problem of sorts. Well, actually it's not a new problem but one that is compounded with ku back up, ie, now I'm finding more stuff to watch than I can keep up with which is the reason for this post.

I know I can't be the only one with this problem so I thought I'd start this thread so others could share how they keep track of what they have available to watch. Don't need any feed info posted in this thread, just would like to know what others have done to categorize the stuff so it's easier to keep track of.

Thanks

I keep a clipboard handy, everything is noted. I also keep a "scorecard", a record of programmed sats, gbox location numbers itinerant feed locations etc. in openoffice calc (spreadsheet) on the comp.

Since my TV watching is becoming rather limited, I just rely on TitanTV to see what's coming up. I check each morning what's going to be on that night, and plan my TV watching around their schedule. Limited, I know, but valuable.

For instance, I just realized that it's Sunday (again) and IRT is on History tonight. I would have forgotten that if it weren't for TitanTV.

Photto

LoneGunman,

I just use the "FAVORITE" channel list option on my Coolsat and my AZBox and send any significant finds there right from the start. If the channels remain permanently in place, not just a temporary feed channel, I can always find them there.

The AZBox's FAV's category is excellent. I make up the categories or groupings as I go.

RADAR

I should have expanded my reply. I too have a Coolsat, and my favorite list is WAY too long. I found that you can re-arrange channels within the Coolsat fav. list, this will number the channels inassending order, most fav is 1: second is 2: etc.

I have my channels arranged in the same order in TitanTV, THATS how I find what's on, and I just looked and IRT IS on now, so I am going away. (smile)

Photto

Ok! I have just started to use favorites with my AZbox ultra and have also used with my solomend but there is one annoying problem that i cant solve!Renaming the channel name gets rewritten during a blindscan:mad:.Does anyone have any solutions to this other than dont rescan?.

If you use the editor to change the channel's SID (including giving it one if it has none), it won't think it's the same channel so it won't replace it. The downside is, you'll then have duplicate channels!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)