KF50XBR800 + Voom = ? Anyone?

blkhawk666

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 22, 2004
Though I have not gotten Voom yet... I was wondering if anyone knew what the quality will be on my Sony KF50XBR800 . My instaltion date is on the 4th and am nervous as a groom on his wedding night!

me being such a green horn

Having the same model, are you happy with the results? anything you might be able to pass on to me being setting or problems or yes even praises.... thanks for any information!

blkhawk666 said:
Having the same model, are you happy with the results? anything you might be able to pass on to me being setting or problems or yes even praises.... thanks for any information!

Yes, the GWII is a great TV.

As to your other question, I will point you to another forum - AVS. UMR and others have done all the tweaking for the GWII. I did not do the filter tweak but you might want to read some of the thread and the tweak file.

UMR DOES GWII

GWII Tweak File

There is 62 pages of discussion regarding tweaking the GWII. The best thing is to ask UMR any questions, you may have. He is a great guy who is willing to help anyone. Please let him know that motjes2 (my name at the avs) sent you. In a nutshell, there different levels of tweaks. The user settings on the TV by pressing the menu button is one. The other is the settings on the service menu (need to be familiar with how to navigate this and I will strongly suggest you to record all your current settings). Last is the filter tweak which according to UMR is the ultimate tweak that will bring black levels close to the DLP black levels.

Good Luck and don't hesitate to ask UMR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)