KGKC- new Telemundo affiliate in Kansas City

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
Former religious station KGKC, real/virtual channel 39, is now a Telemundo affiliate.

The station was last seen airing religious programming when it went off the air in mid-January, 2018.

I don't think they are broadcasting at their full 15 kW power at this time, but I was able to tune it this evening.

Untitled.png

Is there a way within the HD Homerun software to determine the HD flavor of an OTA stream? I can see bitrate, but would like to identify 720i, 1080i etc

Last edited:
Thanks for update but means KSHB/KMCI won't add it because other Scripps stations have it but if did would be on full power station. Hopefully it adds others,3BAN back.

Is there a way within the HD Homerun software to determine the HD flavor of an OTA stream? I can see bitrate, but would like to identify 720i, 1080i etc

TSReader is compatible with the HDHomeRun and will give you that information. The Lite version should work just fine.

While N5XZS is correct that there is no 720i in ATSC, he is incorrect that Telemundo uses 720p. His local Telemundo converts the network's 1080i feed into 720p.

- Trip

Reactions: N5XZS
Thanks for update but means KSHB/KMCI won't add it because other Scripps stations have it but if did would be on full power station. Hopefully it adds others,3BAN back.
Scripps Howard is Katz's Broadcasting Parent Company. You know Bounce, Laff, Escape Grit. Besides the only other channels outside these 4 they'll add is Get, Cozi, and Me. So you wont see anymore subnets on those two stations you mentioned...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts