KHEMKA !!! PLEASE GIVE US AN UPDATE ON OTA RECOCDING FIX

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
He might have but might not have been logged in. In addition he just got promoted to the CEO of Echostar so I am sure he is a busy guy.

Maybe Khemka is no longer involved with the hopper 3 now that he is running the entire Echostar side of the company. The hopper 3 software is probably now delegated down to underlings . Who knows now when they will get the ota part working right? Original hopper 1 ota problems were solved around October of 2012 ,so that leaves us around a month , maybe two , to solve it , if they stay on the same time line . I'm keeping my fingers crossed ,but I'm not holding my breath.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I'm about to punt on relying on Dish for OTA recording on the Hopper 3. Andy Ihnatko mentioned the HDHomeRun from SiliconDust (https://www.silicondust.com) which is a LAN-connected ATSC dual-tuner/streamer. Looks intriguing.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I'm about to punt on relying on Dish for OTA recording on the Hopper 3. Andy Ihnatko mentioned the HDHomeRun from SiliconDust (https://www.silicondust.com) which is a LAN-connected ATSC dual-tuner/streamer. Looks intriguing.
I remember Scott saying, a while back, that they had part of the OTA issue fixed but there was still another part that wasn't. I'd be they are working on that other part right now. I'd call a time out before punting and give it a minute to come about...

if not embarrassed, he or whoever should be:idea
I ask in private and in a nice way a long time ago ,but never received an answer:nana

And he may have done that on purpose. Irregardless, it's still when people direct a question at one specific person (you get that all the time).

Interesting word, "irregardless." Drives some people nuts.

Reactions: TheLip
I hope the whole concept is not scrapped. For some time now since the Tribune blackout depleted the OTA modules it has simply shown, "out of stock". Now it's disappeared entirely on my purchase options.

Reactions: navychop
I thought Dish was providing antennas, not OTA adapters, to customers affected by the Tribune outage ?
True, but it stands to reason that many of those who got free antennas decided to purchase the adapter, which depleted the supply.

Reactions: Tampa8
I thought Dish was providing antennas, not OTA adapters, to customers affected by the Tribune outage ?
I guess I was one of the lucky ones, but when the Tribune stations went off, Dish sent me both an amplified indoor antenna and an OTA adapter for my HWS.

As I posted in another thread, Dish actually sent me 2 OTA adapters. The first one they sent was the wrong one. It was the OTA adapter for the 722K receiver. A couple of days later, I received the correct OTA adapter for my HWS. I did not call Dish after they sent me the wrong adapter. Somehow, my original call to Dish resulted in them sending me both OTA adapters for free.

True, but it stands to reason that many of those who got free antennas decided to purchase the adapter, which depleted the supply.
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. I do think it's safe to presume that Dish was running very, very low on the adapters at the time and, as we know now, had no supplier to produce new ones.

I guess I was one of the lucky ones, but when the Tribune stations went off, Dish sent me both an amplified indoor antenna and an OTA adapter for my HWS.
A few things.... 1) Many users (with a Hopper) simply presumed Dish would include the OTA adapter, which wasn't the case. 2) A few people, like yourself, knew or thought to press the issue and Dish obliged. 3) Many people think that the only Dish receivers in use are Hopper (people would probably be surprised by how many pre-Hopper equipment is out there and even SD-only equipment !).

Hall, yes you are right! It was because of SatelliteGuys and this board that I knew I should press Dish for the OTA adapter when I called in. Now that I think about it, I talked to 2 different people, so that might be why I received 2 OTA adapters.

Hmmm. Actually, haven't all the non 8PSK and non MPEG boxes been removed from service? By default, wouldn't that remove the SD only boxes?

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. I do think it's safe to presume that Dish was running very, very low on the adapters at the time and, as we know now, had no supplier to produce new ones.
Agreed, and the free antennas compounded the problem by slightly increasing the demand for the remaining stock.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts