KHIZ - Galaxy 17

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
After turning my dish last night while it was snowing, I noticed that KHIZ on Galaxy 17 (C Band) has some good programming that some may not know about.

Currently broadcasting the following:
  • Marcus Welby, M.D.
  • Simon and Simon
  • Ironside
  • Emergency

Looks like some current and past programming seen on RTV.

Is it just my setup or is the signal very low on that channel compared to all the others on Galaxy 17?

I hardly have enough signal strength using a 6' dish to lock it in.

I get 99 Quality on the tight Pansats meter on my 12 foot dish. That dish don't know what weak is :eek:

its a mix of programming on that channel. It has RTV but some of it is other programming (usually time brokered)

Do you receive this channel with your 6' dish? If so, what is the signal strength received?

Most MUX's on Galaxy 17 I receive about a 72% signal, but this channel doesn't scan in because the signal is only in the 30's. I want to try tuning my dish this weekend to see if it will help.

Do you receive this channel with your 6' dish? If so, what is the signal strength received?

Most MUX's on Galaxy 17 I receive about a 72% signal, but this channel doesn't scan in because the signal is only in the 30's. I want to try tuning my dish this weekend to see if it will help.

I dont remember and I'll check in the next day or so. Right now its pretty cold out so I dont want to wheel the dish out...but later tonight I will be so I'll check :)

What receiver are you getting a 30 quality on?

Thanks Iceberg. I bet your neighbor is going to be looking at you again while you're out in the cold adjusting the dish. :)

Getting 85% on a 10' Winegard Quadstar (22" deep). I am curious what the quality might be if I swap out the Quadstar for the 27" deep Pinnacle I just got.

Getting 85% on a 10' Winegard Quadstar (22" deep). I am curious what the quality might be if I swap out the Quadstar for the 27" deep Pinnacle I just got.

The Pinnacle had a bit more gain then the Quadstar. The deep dish is actually better suited for a TI environment and requires a gold ring on the Chaparral feedhorn to maximize the deep dish design. You could also throw a ADL RP1-C band feed on your Quadstar and surpass the performance of the Pinnacle with the choke plate Chaparral feed.

The Pinnacle had a bit more gain then the Quadstar. The deep dish is actually better suited for a TI environment and requires a gold ring on the Chaparral feedhorn to maximize the deep dish design. You could also throw a ADL RP1-C band feed on your Quadstar and surpass the performance of the Pinnacle with the choke plate Chaparral feed.

Interesting. I am using it for both C and Ku though, with a BSC621-2. This dish is in a very low TI area. Don't think that is an issue.

I think 85% is good on KHIZ though. If the Pinnacle would increase it I would do it though. I actually asked about this in another thread. I need to find some 4-point leg mounts or a buttonhook center plate to use it.

Starting Monday, KHIZ becomes an all day RTV station. Alot of the old classics that TV land use to show will return on KHIZ. Ex. Adam-12, Dragnet, A-Team, and alot others, so check out the guide info. for next week.

Iceberg, this channel doesn't even lock and the 30% is seen while manually entering in the frequency and symbol rate on the Coolsat 4000 within the bar below which remains red. I believe the dish needs adjustment, but it is only 16 degrees out right now, so I might wait until it gets warmer. :)

I tried last night real quick but with it 3 above and windchill of -8 I didnt try that hard. I locked the other TP's real high but couldnt remember which TP KHIZ was on (I got this one and another one mixed up)

Maybe today when it's sunny out. That usually "tries" to make it feel warmer :)

I just tried again , but couldn't receive it. Since it is only 18 degrees out I won't try adjusting the dish. :eek:

4092 H TP 19
2170 - 5/6

Status
Please reply by conversation.