Kiffin to USC!!!!

Looks like the old staff minus Carroll.
We will be able to see if it was Carroll or the coaches that made USC great.

I would be willing to bet this was a package deal all along .
This is a HR from USC's perspective. Carroll leaves them like a bat out of hell and they steal Kiffin and reunite the old staff from when they were winning NC's.

If I were Tennessee I'd be sick. Kiffin actually had the Vols playing well at the end of the year. Now they have nothing. Signing day is in 3 weeks and if they don't get someone good Tennessee will have a worse recruiting class than Vandy.

So much for the SEC being the end all be all of college football.

It was neither Carroll nor the staff. It was the boosters. If the NCAA grows a pair and does the right thing to a non-Southern school for once, this is perfect job for a brat like Kiffen. He can fail and has a built in excuse.

This is a HR from USC's perspective. Carroll leaves them like a bat out of hell and they steal Kiffin and reunite the old staff from when they were winning NC's.

If I were Tennessee I'd be sick. Kiffin actually had the Vols playing well at the end of the year. Now they have nothing. Signing day is in 3 weeks and if they don't get someone good Tennessee will have a worse recruiting class than Vandy.

So much for the SEC being the end all be all of college football.
This has more to do with a self-centered ahole than a conference's reputation. It's the "me first" mentality of people today. No one is committed and no one is expendable on the climb to the top.

This is why I'm starting to slowly lose my enthusiasm for sports these days. I'm becoming more and more cynical as I get older, and watching sports isn't helping. Hate to say it, but I wish the guy no luck at all in his future career as a coach.

From the "Greatest Generation" to the "Selfish Generation." Sad. :(

Kinda surprised. But not surprised to the fact that maybe he is a west coast guy and wanted to go home.

1 year's awfully early to be getting "home sick".

Two things were at play in this decision:

1. USC football is one of the most prestigious programs in the nation. (sorry Tennessee).

2. Money.

This has more to do with a self-centered ahole than a conference's reputation. It's the "me first" mentality of people today. No one is committed and no one is expendable on the climb to the top.

This is why I'm starting to slowly lose my enthusiasm for sports these days. I'm becoming more and more cynical as I get older, and watching sports isn't helping. Hate to say it, but I wish the guy no luck at all in his future career as a coach.

From the "Greatest Generation" to the "Selfish Generation." Sad. :(
Awesome post!!! :up

1 year's awfully early to be getting "home sick".

Two things were at play in this decision:

1. USC football is one of the most prestigious programs in the nation. (sorry Tennessee).

2. Money.

One year is not early if you lived and worked in one area all your life. I am not aware of the money offered....but when it comes to jobs, everyone has a price.

I know how much you love Cleveland, bit if another company came up to you and asked what it would take to leave...and you throughout some crazy price....and they said OK, you would be gone. And if a year later, the same company you worked for offered you MORE money, high position....you would be gone before the question was finished.

Anyone would....never underestimate home and money...:D

One of the mid-term freshman enrollees at Tennessee said Orgeron called him and told him not to go to class today and that he has a scholarship waiting for him at USC. Kiffin may be putting together an all-star staff, but he is already on the NCAA's short list and things like this can't help.

That aint happening. Gruden just signed a 1-year deal with ESPN. He's not going anywhere (especially to coach college) for another year.

I hear what you are saying, but honestly that means nothing. As any good lawyer will tell you, show me a contract and I'll show you a way to get out of it. Gruden was an assistant at TN in the past and has expressed limited intreset previously. That being said, I hear that the program is looking in some other directions, but too early to tell right now.

I hear what you are saying, but honestly that means nothing. As any good lawyer will tell you, show me a contract and I'll show you a way to get out of it. Gruden was an assistant at TN in the past and has expressed limited intreset previously. That being said, I hear that the program is looking in some other directions, but too early to tell right now.
I'm hearing Muschamp. Don't know that he would leave Texas, but I also don't know that he wants to wait 5 or 6 years for Mack to step down.

I'm hearing Muschamp. Don't know that he would leave Texas, but I also don't know that he wants to wait 5 or 6 years for Mack to step down.

I've heard that as well and would be a good choice especially since the OC has stayed behind (at least for now). If I was Muschamp I'd be ready to look elsewhere since Mack just signed a new $5m deal and has said that he has no plans or timetable on his retirement. Muschamp is a good coach and deserves better than being second fiddle for another 5 years.

Outside the Tennessee football complex last night. Not exactly a 'riot' up to Michigan State standards. But someone did burn a mattress.

kiffin_atb_05_t607.jpg

[youtube]_zKkcfq3gec[/youtube]

Tennessee fans are jolly when they riot.
Videos: No riot on campus, just a little civil disobedience - Knoxville, TN | GoVolsXtra

Good riddance:rant:.Im glad to see him leave.We dont need him in the SEC.To me he helps give SEC a bad name.Go on to USC .USC is already under the watchful eye of the NCAA .Now it will give the Ncaa even more reason to investigate them:D

I hear what you're saying, but loyalty is a 2 way street. You know how ruthless SEC teams can be. Lose to Florida next year and there'd be Tennessee fans saying fire Lane Kiffin. Lose to Georgia and there'd be talk of a buyout. In that environment it's every man for himself. It sucks in a way, but when you show no loyalty to those you hire you really can't expect them to care about you either.

Kiffen and Neuheisel in the same town. That's gonna save the NCAA investigators a ton in travel costs. Get two for the price of one. They may lease a condo in Santa Monica. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts