Kind of lost here

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

srgrounds

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
Hello all, say a friend of mine just gave me a coolsat 6000 and i bought a fortec star 31 inch dish and a invacom duel lnb, now i read alot about mounting this dish and sg2100 motor, its straight and flush. Im just north of the minneapolis area and from what i have read my motor setting should be at 45 degrees and my dish should be set at 23 degrees. My lat is 45 and long is 93 so im trying to hit 93 west and having ZERO SUCESS any help would be great. Thanks.

welcome :wave

the numbers for the motor and dish are right because that's what mine are too :)
(southwest suburbs of Mpls)

do you know what LNB you have? Is there any numbers on it?

welcome :wave

the numbers for the motor and dish are right because that's what mine are too :)
(southwest suburbs of Mpls)

do you know what LNB you have? Is there any numbers on it?

Thanks ICE, my lnb is a invacom QPH-031, im in the andover area and i cant pick up 97 or any other fta bird for that matter. Its driving me nuts!

OK...heres what to do (plus a note)
the note...fortec dishes have been notoriously known for being off on the elevation marker...up to 5 degrees in some cases

now that put aside, here is what to do.

On the Coolsat 6000 go into dish settings and select IA6/T6/G26 (93W). Setups should be for
SINGLE
LNB Power ON
diseqc & 22k off

save it

then go into manual scan and enter the following transponder (you can override the first one if you'd like)
frequency 11710
polarity V
symbol rate 14320
hit exit to save it

Here in MN to get true south, the dish actually gets aimed a little off of dead south. I think its like 3 or 4 east of dead south. The advantage is we have 5 or 6 satellites all at same elevation so I would aim it south and tell the box to blind scan (its above manual scan option). Let it scan all and see what channels you get. Even if you're not on G26 it will still find what is there. Let us know what channels pop up so we can tell which satellite you're on.

(having 6 satellites at same elevation makes it easier than if you only had one) :D

Will try that, and report back, thanks ICE, its not the best day to do this as you know.

until about Saturday it wont be the best day :(

I've got a couple projects to do too but the rain kinda puts a kai-bosh on it

Thanks ICE, that worked, i moved elevation on fortec from 23 to thirty and it locked onto 93w at 90 Q right away and the rest fell right into place.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts