King quest vq4100 (directv)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JamieMarie

Original poster
Jul 10, 2017
Arkansas
I have had my king quest for almost a year now and with no help have always managed to set it up (pipeline so we travel, alot.)

Well it was knocked over by the neighbors kids... (I think) and now I can't get it to locate the signal. I use an app to find it and am in "the green" and aligned perfectly, but error 771, no satellite signal.

Usually I can turn the king on, let it locate, then turn my receiver on and run the setup, no problem.. but the king isn't communicating with the receiver now.

I went outside to be sure the power injector was working and it is, I FINALLY heard the "whirling" or the scan, but it was interrupted by a knocking/tapping noise.

Before I call king ( I have read enough here to be aware they are not going to be of much help) can anyone help me and tell me what this noise is?

:welcome to Sateliteguys JamieMarie!

Just a guess since I don't own one, but it sounds like the mechanism itself is damaged somehow. Can you access it while it's trying to dial in the satellite to determine where the odd sounds are coming from?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)