Kiwisat, possible replacement for Orby for southern states.

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
Saw this over at Legalfreetoair, Hyper's site: Kiwisat Caribbean, Your #1 TV provider

El Bandido reports he can receive it in Atlanta, with a 6ft KU dish, and maybe a 4ft dish could work, if completely optimized.

67W satellite, beams are as shown:

KIWIMap.jpg

Saw this over at Legalfreetoair, Hyper's site: Kiwisat Caribbean, Your #1 TV provider

El Bandido reports he can receive it in Atlanta, with a 6ft KU dish, and maybe a 4ft dish could work, if completely optimized.

67W satellite, beams are as shown:

View attachment 151044
They have opened a store in the Miami area and are installing systems in that area. I told them I had an RV and asked to see if they would sell me one of their systems if I was Wintering in the Miami area and was told to check with the store. Sort of the same setup as ORBY but they do charge $10.00 for each additional receiver but I would only need one. I have signed up and on the waiting list for STARLINK and see where they applied to the FCC for Mobile RV service and Boats to provide mobile internet. Anyway the Florida website is KIWISATFL.com the US prepaid programming prices are more than the Caribbean and PR prices.

Attachments

• AA KIWISAT PR Channel List - Sheet1 (4).pdf
    133.7 KB · Views: 946
Reactions: k.r. and dishdude
Under their Question and Answer at KIWISATFL website it now states:
Q: Is KIWISAT prepay available at my area?

Kiwisat is available at the whole state of Florida.

So it looks like they are expanding. $99.00 for starter kit includes 1 Full HD receiver with DVR, Antenna and parts Free install within 72 hours 30 day free trail on programming

Reactions: c-spand and k.r.
I contacted them twice via email got back to me each time. I do not live in the Miami area so I will wait until I am in the area to see if I can pick up one of their systems.

Subject: Re: Service South Florida

Understood, I recommend calling the Miami office at 787-707-1319. Maybe some accommodation can be made. It's better to be sure if it is possible for a motorhome.

Subject: Re: Service South Florida

Morning,

if you need more information or assistance, please call our main office at 1 787-474-4819, ask for Yasmine.

Attached is our channel list. Most channels are in English.

Reactions: c-spand
Locking a few 67w more forgiving TPs in Northern California using a motorized 90cm with max 6.2 CNR. Likely do better with an optimized fixed dish. Have a spare 1.2m, but not about to haul up to the shop roof to test.

11730 V 28888 - 6.2dB
11770 V 28888 - 5.9dB
11810 V 28888 - 6.2dB
11850 V 28888 - 5.9dB