Kiwisat, possible replacement for Orby for southern states.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yes, I was the one who asked that in post #44 and again in post #50 when the first reply did not answer my question. As ty1273 and primestar31 said, that was their reply. I'm hoping they are just keeping their cards close to the vest until they are ready for an actual announcement. I can understand that if deals are being made, funding arranged, etc. :)

tenor.png

Good to know. Thank you. I missed this conversation. Perhaps the company is waiting for ORBY’s bankruptcy hearing to finish. And they might be working on putting their dish installation network in place nationwide. It would be simple to add the DTH linear subscription channels on 116.8 degrees W. There is a ready-made audience of about 25,000 to 30,000 former ORBY TV dishes already installed, if they were not moved nor scrapped. If they are now saying that they are better than DISH and DIRECTV on their web pages, then they should compete nationwide with them. Since new DIRECTV and DISH satellites were not being launched, this could be major expansion in the coming years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: primestar31
Something is definitely happening! But really if they made it so that Florida was the only state able to get all those Kiwisat channels seems pretty weird. Don’t you think they would add all the former Orby channels AS WELL AS the extra Kiwisat channels on maybe another couple transponders? Who knows?

My understanding is that Kiwi is a provider for Saint Maarten and a few other islands in the Caribbean as their primary business — they just happened to open up in Florida because they had the space and coverage so why not make a few more bucks…

Although I’m far out of the beam, I would think it would be a bit more secure. There are numerous satellite services for the islands that have been around for years — and IIRC St Maarten was yet to have a service. Maybe the subsidize some of this?

the only thing I wonder is if they have the US rights for these channels — or if that will come crashing down. Maybe they were able to get a regional carriage agreement due to the limited footprint?

If Orby is in bankruptcy, they could not sell off anything without court approval. This generally comes at the end of the process.

If Orby is in bankruptcy, they could not sell off anything without court approval. This generally comes at the end of the process.

Per this article, sale of surplus equipment and intellectual rights were approved by the court in Southern California overseeing the ORBY TV bankruptcy. Indeed, ORBY TV is near the end of their bankruptcy process. WHOIS shows the ORBY TV web site registrant name was transferred to United Teleports, based in south Florida, in early August- and it was renewed a few days ago, for one more year. United Teleports is also the same company uplinking KIWISAT.

Do any of guys know if a DIRECTV Gen 2 reflector (has the 4 bolts instead of 2 on the Gen 3s) will fit an Orby TV back assembly? Thank you! I recently bent my orby dish and need a new reflector.

Per this article, sale of surplus equipment and intellectual rights were approved by the court in Southern California overseeing the ORBY TV bankruptcy. Indeed, ORBY TV is near the end of their bankruptcy process. WHOIS shows the ORBY TV web site registrant name was transferred to United Teleports, based in south Florida, in early August- and it was renewed a few days ago, for one more year. United Teleports is also the same company uplinking KIWISAT.

Public statement:
Orby is excited to re-launch under new ownership! Our initial, family-friendly package is supplemented by Elevate, a faith-based package.
In addition, we are in discussions with every major programming group from the previous Orby platform.
We’ll be offering a wider selection soon – featuring most of the original Orby programming.
Please direct any inquiries to info@orbytv.com and we’ll respond as soon as we are able.