Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Something very interesting

Noticed over at dbstalk that KKTU (Channel 33 Cable 8) in Cheyenne changed call letters to KDEV. There is already KDEV-LP in Aurora, CO (Lick TV)

Also read that I guess KDEV (old KKTU) wants to disaffiliate with ABC….leaving Cheyenne without a ABC

But wait…….someone has a CP (construction permit) for a KKTU-LP on Channel 40 (not Equity)

So what is KDEV (the old KKTU) going to turn into….and why would the full power station (well, almost) drop ABC programming…what are they going to go to? Univision? :D

'Berg,

I lost the Colorado KDEV about a month ago. I tried manual and blind scans and could regain it. I got all of the other channels on that frequency but not KDEV, I gave up about a week ago.

I think they are actually going to use that spectrum for USDTV and they have been broadcasting 33-8, 33-9, 33-10, 33-11 & 33-12. Those of us in Northern Colorado (like me) have been watching what is going on here for some time because they are an easier route to aa ABC translator than the Denver affiliate who is so low power that no one in Denver really gets it well.

Equity and the Lake Cedar Group (LCGII) have battling it out with the Jefferson County courts to get high power facilities on Lookout Mountain in Golden, CO but everyone there seems think that DTV signals will give them cancer, more so than analog .... or so I read.

It is a goofy situation and nobody seems to know what the hell is going on with it.

Diamond Jim said:
'Berg,

I lost the Colorado KDEV about a month ago. I tried manual and blind scans and could regain it. I got all of the other channels on that frequency but not KDEV, I gave up about a week ago.

Jim
Scan 11799 V 26660...its the 8th channel in the Mux...it still logs as KWBS but its KDEV-LP (Aurora)

New splash thing for the "top of the hour holler" (ID) :)

I just hope we don't start losing stuff over to G3 C band as stated in previous posts a few months back. any word on the move, or is equity staying put on KU G10

thats weird....I just scanned it last night and it was there...8th channel in the mux

between KWBF (WB) and WBMM (Daystar)

Ice,

I get, in this order: WUMN, WBMM (Daystar), KCBU, KPOU, KUTF and Daystar.

I also get these on 11799, but with an SR of 26687. LygSat shows KDEV (Co) at 11720, 27692, all I get there are the spanish stations. I lost KDEV awhile ago and had a hell of a time finding it again.

Diamond Jim said:
Ice,

I get, in this order: WUMN, WBMM (Daystar), KCBU, KPOU, KUTF and Daystar.

I also get these on 11799, but with an SR of 26687. LygSat shows KDEV (Co) at 11720, 27692, all I get there are the spanish stations. I lost KDEV awhile ago and had a hell of a time finding it again.

KDEV is on 11799...weird about the order

When I scan it, I get
WBIF UPN
KTVC UPN
KQUP UPN
WMQF FOX
WUMN UNIV
KYPX PAX
KWBF WB
KWBS KDEV
WBBM DAYSTAR

Might want to delete the TP and try again
11799 V 26660

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)