KMOH-TV (Phoenix DMA)

DJ Lon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
At Noon today (I was channel surfing), local KMOH 6 SD switched to a screen saying (paraphrased from Spanish) Azteca America is no longer available but can be seen on Dish Latino. At the same time a new channel appeared in the guide, KMOH 11 SD, and is showing MeTV windowboxed.

Anyone know what's going on?

Update: Kept watching channel 11. At the top of the hour when MeTV identified itself it said "KMOH-TV 6.1 · Kingman" at the bottom of the screen.

SD local picture looks better than the national feed (IMHO) but closed captions are garbled on all programs :(

I tried calling the Dish Closed Caption Compliance Manager (866-951-0015) to report this but all the number does is play a recording telling me to go online for troubleshooting and hangs up :rolleyes:

I also wonder if the national feed will go away sometime soon for our area that this switch has occurred.

I’m in the Phoenix market as well, and get the splash screen in Spanish too. I don’t speak it, unfortunately, so cannot translate. I also do not get anything on OTA for 6, so no testing there.

UPDATE: Got a call from 2 different reps at Dish this morning, garbled CC issue has been fixed and they said it was an issue with the broadcaster. They also told me that now that we have a full-power MeTV local channel that eventually we'll lose access [here in Phoenix] to the national feed on 247 and that if I have any timers I should move them. They did not know why channel 6 shows up as channel 11 in the guide and whether or not KMOH will eventually become HD local instead of SD.

And they already did it

metv.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)