KMOV St. Louis Changing Channels?

DSpud

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Laredo, TX
I noticed on Antenna Web today that after the Feb 09 transition, the KMOV Channel 4 St. Louis Digital freq. will switch from 56 to 24. I also noticed that the actual channel assignment will go from 4.1 to 24.1.

From this information, can it be safely said that KMOV will be known as channel 24 in St. Louis starting in Feb of next year? For us St. Louis folks that will be one heck of a change. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Can it be safely said that KMOV will be known as channel 24 in St. Louis starting in Feb of next year?

The designation of a station will remain as the original analog channel. KMOV-DT will still be known as 4 and tuned in as 4.1. To find it you will need to rescan your TV on February 18, 2009.

Well, according to Antennaweb, the designation of the station will switch to 24.1 on Feb 18. This is now...

KMOV-DT 4.1 CBS ST. LOUIS, MO 220° 43.2 56 (the 4.1 being the station designation)
and on the same list it states.

KMOV-DT 24.1 CBS ST. LOUIS, MO Feb 17, 2009 (post-transition) 220° 43.2 24

This, showing 24.1 as the channel desigation after the switch.

If this is correct, KMOV will show up as channel 24.1 in the guide. I would assume that they would not continue to call themselves channel 4 if their station is going to be 24.

The other locals are mapping down to there original anolog channel location, and it shows that on antenna web. And right now KMOV is mapping down to channel 4 and it shows that also. But at the digital transition it shows they will be mapping to 24.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts