OTHER Koqit Firmware

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I don't have have that receiver connected anymore. But it did work just fine with 97W Galaxy 19. You shouldn't have to load anything. If the satellite is missing just add as a new satellite in the settings, and do a blind scan.

I actually deleted all the existing satellites and added just what satellites I watched.

Thanks so much. I am going to order it and see how it works out.
Yep. This is the box I have and it does a fairly great job considering it was given to me. I wish there was a different firmware for these boxes. If you plan on using a motor this box is terrible for that. It moves it fine but you cant even adjust settings in the menu ( adjusting transponders, freq) without it trying to move the dish. Also if you do get moved to a sat but you dont have signal it'll get stuck "moving the dish", glitch galore. But I digress, it's cheap for a reason.

Reactions: dsmith0429
Should be arriving by the end of the week. My dad doesn't have a motor, just a fixed dish at 97 west. So hopefully this will work out for him. I will report back once I get it and connect it. Would like to not have the junk in the firmware as well, but will give this a shot.

I too have the S2U2 board in mine. I am in contact right now with a few resellers on aliexpress and the Whatsapp number on the box. I got a FW this morning if anybody wants to try it, however the file name DOES day CS8001 in it and these are 6001 boxes so i haven't tried this yet. I just sent a message to verify its for this board.
Screenshot_20190508-173919_Photos.jpeg
View attachment KIQIT-K1_CS8001_flash_1903131803.zip

Sent from my SM-G970U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Hi All, I recently purchased a similar box, which is unbranded and just known as Set top box DVB-S2. It came with a very unreliable firmware that gave errors when saving channels or favourites with a poor audio quality. I cannot find any firmware on the internet, and eventually came across this forum and took a chance that it was the same box and loaded the KIQIT-K1_CS8001_flash_1903131803.zip firmware.

It worked and this firmware is so stable and reliable. My issues are all resolved, so thank you for posting.

However, there is now a password on the “USB Upgrade” option under Menu/Installations. Does anyone know what this password is? On the old firmware there was no password which is why I was able to load upload this firmware from USB, but now I cannot do that anymore. I have tried the default ones- 0000, 1111 etc and even 9878 but no joy. Hopefully someone knows the password, The “USB Backup” option works fine and does not require a password. So now I cannot upload any new firmware or saved channels from USB. The only option left is to go through all 10000 number combinations through the remote?

Cheers Quiver09

Attachments

• satrc01.jpg
    satrc01.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 671
  • satrc02.jpg
    satrc02.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 671
  • satrc03.jpg
    satrc03.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 607
  • satrc04.jpg
    satrc04.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 604
  • satrc05.jpg
    satrc05.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 671
Reactions: fireball517
Default password is supposed to be: 0000

Try: 6666, 3570, 0937, 9878, 0312, 7513

If not, it appears you might have to spend some time and go through all iterations. I had to do that on a receiver once, and it took 4 hours.

Thanks for the reply. The password is 7513 for the “USB Upgrade” option under Menu/Installations. All other passwords are 0000 for this version of firmware. Cheers Quiver09

Hi everyone! I'm new in here and needed some help. I purchased KOQIT K1 about a year ago and uses it for just FTA. My subtitles and teletext never worked and saving favorite channels seems impossible with my unit. It works pretty good on Galaxy 19 and few other FTA satellites. I tried to download fireball517's firmware and I couldn't extract it. However, my board is slightly different than fireball517 and am wondering if the firmware will not work? The board says "S2U2 20180601V9.0". Attached are the pictures of my unit. I unplugged one of the connectors so I can take a better picture. I'm just seeking firmware that get rid of unwanted stuff in there and get subtitles to work and can get favorite channels to work right.

BTW, some FTA channels on my MythTV works fine with subtitles/closed captions with DVB-S2 tuner card. This is how I know the subtitles are working from my server, but not on KOQIT unit.

Thanks in advance.

KOQIT K1 a.jpg KOQIT K1 b.jpg KOQIT K1 c.jpg

Would you mind to share pictures of the inside of your box? I'm wanting to know if we have the same production run versions so I can update mine as well. I couldn't get my box to find the file unless it needs a specific name.
Hi All, I recently purchased a similar box, which is unbranded and just known as Set top box DVB-S2. It came with a very unreliable firmware that gave errors when saving channels or favourites with a poor audio quality. I cannot find any firmware on the internet, and eventually came across this forum and took a chance that it was the same box and loaded the KIQIT-K1_CS8001_flash_1903131803.zip firmware.

It worked and this firmware is so stable and reliable. My issues are all resolved, so thank you for posting.

However, there is now a password on the “USB Upgrade” option under Menu/Installations. Does anyone know what this password is? On the old firmware there was no password which is why I was able to load upload this firmware from USB, but now I cannot do that anymore. I have tried the default ones- 0000, 1111 etc and even 9878 but no joy. Hopefully someone knows the password, The “USB Backup” option works fine and does not require a password. So now I cannot upload any new firmware or saved channels from USB. The only option left is to go through all 10000 number combinations through the remote?

Cheers Quiver09

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Hi There, sorry for the delay in replying. Here are the pics of my boxkt01.jpg kt02.jpg kt03.jpg

Attachments

• kt01.jpg
    kt01.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 416
  • kt02.jpg
    kt02.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 407
  • kt03.jpg
    kt03.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 424
Reactions: fireball517
Hi All, looks like my WI-FI is no longer working on the box. I have tried 3 different USB Wifi antenna's, restarted the box and none are being recognised from the front and back USB ports. If I plug in a USB memory stick, then that works fine and is recognised. In the end I did a factory reset and tried again, but still would not recognise the Wifi antennas. The antenna's have been tested on my laptop and work fine (running 2.4 Ghz)
When you select the WIFI Option from the menu with a USB Antenna inserted nothing happens.
Sadly, Its all pointing to an issue in the hardware. There is no port for a wired Lan connection. Very disappointed with this unreliable product, and short lifespan. :eek:

Cheers Quiver09

Cheers Quiver09
Hello friend!
I have that same decoder model and I can't flash the .bin file to update the firmware, could you tell me which method you used to flash it?

Attachments

• 20191031_214335.jpg
    20191031_214335.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 313
  • 20191031_214418.jpg
    20191031_214418.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 361
  • 20191031_215028.jpg
    20191031_215028.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 363
Hello friend!
I have that same decoder model and I can't flash the .bin file to update the firmware, could you tell me which method you used to flash it?
Hi, So this is what I did
1)First thing you need to do is take a full backup of your device (incase it all goes wrong).
(Installation) -USB Backup
And take a full dump (your current firmware, channel list, favs etc)

There is a drop down on the Backup mode. Mode UserDB only backs up the channel list, so do not use this option. It’s the other one.

2)Now download the new firmware file on to your PC
Locate the downloaded folder and locate the .bin file
Copy the .bin file to the USB drive and place it in the Root directory (top level) Do not place in a sub folder.
Insert the USB key to into the device.

3)Now do a factory reset
(Installation) -Factory Setting
Default password is 0000
Complete the factory reset and reboot the device(power off and on)

4)Now Update the new firmware
Depending on the version of firmware you have, on power on it will detect the .bin file on the USB device and just ask you to confirm the upgrade.

If not then go to (Installation) -USB Upgrade
Enter the original default password, normally its one of these
0000, 6666, 3570, 0937, 9878, 0312, 7513
Complete the new upgrade and reboot the device (power off and on)

Finally rescan the channels.

Good luck, let me know how it goes.
Cheers Ernie

Hi, So this is what I did
1)First thing you need to do is take a full backup of your device (incase it all goes wrong).
(Installation) -USB Backup
And take a full dump (your current firmware, channel list, favs etc)

There is a drop down on the Backup mode. Mode UserDB only backs up the channel list, so do not use this option. It’s the other one.

2)Now download the new firmware file on to your PC
Locate the downloaded folder and locate the .bin file
Copy the .bin file to the USB drive and place it in the Root directory (top level) Do not place in a sub folder.
Insert the USB key to into the device.

3)Now do a factory reset
(Installation) -Factory Setting
Default password is 0000
Complete the factory reset and reboot the device(power off and on)

4)Now Update the new firmware
Depending on the version of firmware you have, on power on it will detect the .bin file on the USB device and just ask you to confirm the upgrade.

If not then go to (Installation) -USB Upgrade
Enter the original default password, normally its one of these
0000, 6666, 3570, 0937, 9878, 0312, 7513
Complete the new upgrade and reboot the device (power off and on)

Finally rescan the channels.

Good luck, let me know how it goes.
Cheers Ernie
1. Just do not seem to be able connect the WIFI to my LAN, can you help, please;
2. USB software upgrade seems to work only from "dump".bin file?
Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Latest posts