KRON ch4.1..DON'T TRY RECORDING

I'm still trying to recover from doing that. I lost all of my recordings, protected ones even. I have been loosing remote functionality since, Yesterday I couldn't get the DVR menu to pop up. Lost aspect ratio control. It hangs on the hard drive test. I also lost the ability to record, tons of 0 second recordings. I've rebooted half a dozen times, and functionality is starting to come back.

Some update huh.

I'm those guys don't seem to know what they are doing....

J,
The only way so far that has got me going again was to completely remove/erase all good and phantom recordings from my hard drive, turn the 921 off and pull the power plug for at least 15 seconds, plug it back in, wait for it to reboot, hit the system info button on the front of the unit, then power it back on.
So far so good.
I had a very bad weekend with 6 good recordings and 19 0sec. ones.
I talked again to a guy, Steven, from the 921 support team and they don't know (yet) what KRON is transmitting that causes this problem but are hopeful that it can be corrected either at KRON or in the 921 software. We'll just have to wait and see...............I guess....
In the meantime, say to yourself 100 times, I will not record KRON 4.1.
I'm afraid to try 4.2 but I don't think it causes any problem. I have no need to record 4.2 so no problem for me.

Yea, as I said, all of my programs were deleted. There was nothing left to erase. I tried a power plug reboot, I tried a soft reboot (push power button for 10 seconds), and I tried smart card reboots. It is only starting to come back after a lot of doing that stuff.....

They better not fix it at the KRON end, this is a 921 bug, if those idiot programmers can't figure this out, they shouldn't be employed. It has been a year already, I am guessing they shoudln't be employed myself.

I think 4.2 works okay. I did pausing and skip ahead, and frame by frame, etc.. Alll of that works on 4.2. I'm guessing that recording works okay too.

I don't have reason to record KRON in the first place, I was just trying to verify that a bug existed. It sure does!

Unfortunately mine just gradually gets worse after I clean everything off.
So far today I have had three 0sec recordings. Meanwhile my 721 keeps plugging along.
If it doesn't clear up soon, I will need a new 921.

>They better not fix it at the KRON end, this is a 921 bug, if those idiot programmers >can't figure this out, they shouldn't be employed. It has been a year already, I am >guessing they shoudln't be employed myself.

I suppose I would agree with you on this, but, so far I have seen no other similar reported problems across the country which makes me wonder what KRON is doing.

I'm watching the KC Tennessee game and it just started snowing there. Guess I'm glad I'm in Santa Rosa, even with the KRON problem.

BTW, I have another question.
I can pick up KRON which broadcasts from Sutro at 57 with a nice strong signal but can't pick up KTVU (FOX) at 56. Both are at full power. Do you get Fox, and where abouts in the bay area are you?
(I get PO'd that I can't get the 49ers games in HD.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts