KTLA in LA Finally in HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think I may know the real reason Dish finally put KTLA up. My 622 will no longer scan KTLA on the OTA tuner. It detects that there is a 90 percent signal there, but it will not tune it in. I tried deleting it and rescanning, but it would not add it to the guide. My only option now for KTLA is from satellite. Is anyone else having trouble with KTLA? The built in tuner on my Sony XBR4 can tune it just fine, but neither my 622 or my 2 year old Polaroid set will tune it in.

I think I may know the real reason Dish finally put KTLA up. My 622 will no longer scan KTLA on the OTA tuner. It detects that there is a 90 percent signal there, but it will not tune it in. I tried deleting it and rescanning, but it would not add it to the guide. My only option now for KTLA is from satellite. Is anyone else having trouble with KTLA? The built in tuner on my Sony XBR4 can tune it just fine, but neither my 622 or my 2 year old Polaroid set will tune it in.

Yes, I have had the problem for the last 3 days, as you say I can only get it from the Sat and not from OTA. Weird huh:rolleyes:

I sent an e-mail to KTLA about this and I will post here if/when I get a reply. Something must have changed in the way they encode their OTA signal in the last few days. There is a thread at avsforums about this. There are a lot of people who have encountered this problem.

Conspiracy mode: Since Dish put KTLA up on the satellite at about the same time this started happening, it seems to me that it is no coincidence. I suspect that the techs at Dish knew that this would happen and that there was no workaround for current Dish equipment. Now how many other OTA stations might we lose the same way if this is true?

So I guess everything is back to normal at KTLA now as far as their OTA signal goes. It's kinda sad that I was so quick to assume that Charlie was involved in a conspiracy. I guess Dish's past practice of leaving us hanging has made me paranoid. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts