KTWO Active?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sounds like some of us Ku-only guys need to get into the Mini Bud mix. I'm glad someone else shared in my opinion of that one female anchor. ;)

Doesn't look like it's coming back.:(
I realized:eureka when Equity went away I had to get Galaxy 16 at 99.0°W C band to get the networks. They are all there except CBS. Glad I did, they even have ABC in HD. I am getting G-16 on a 42"/38" old Primestar dish. Mounted a C band LNB, made it offset and added a Conical Scalar Ring. Works great. Watched Fringe and Leno on it tonight.

Yeah, I think you're right. I'll have to start wearing black now to officially mourn the loss. :no On a more positive note I have to thank you for that post. You've managed to light a fire under my butt. I think it was the last bit you said about watching Fringe. It made me remember how annoyed I was that I couldn't see the season premiere. After last season's finale I couldn't wait to see where the series was headed. Anyhow, you managed to inspire me to go look at my old 10' Bud that I've got laying in the woods...and who knows I might actually do something with it. :D

Sounds like some of us Ku-only guys need to get into the Mini Bud mix. I'm glad someone else shared in my opinion of that one female anchor. ;)

She was a fine piece of work. I was still reeling over the loss of Kim Crosby. I often managed to see her weather forecast in the morning despite the fact that I live 1,500 miles away from Wyoming. :rolleyes:
Yeah, a Mini Bud sounds good right about now. Finding a good spot to setup my poor old 10' Bud could be a problem, but a Mini Bud would be much better. :up

Good luck with that! I watched Fringe last night on G16 fox c-band feed, picture quality stunk.
Blocking in the fast movement scenes, and audio drop outs. Weather was fine here and I was using a 10' dish. I discovered my OTA digital Fox signal looks much better so I'll stick with that for next week's episode, lol. If it's not raining, of course.

Anyhow, you managed to inspire me to go look at my old 10' Bud that I've got laying in the woods...and who knows I might actually do something with it. :D
That 10 footer should do real good. Just aim it at 99W. If you have a C band analog box, set the LNB to vertical and tune in on the (edit: Shepherd's Chapel channel). It's a real strong signal. Then set the LNB to horizontal do a blind scan on the digital box. The networks should pop in. Then peak the signal. Sliding the LNB in and out of it's holder seems to help with the Island networks. Be sure the LNB freq on your digital box is set to C band.
Using the 10 foot dish with the LNB not offset, you will not need a conical scalar ring.
Good luck!!!!

http://www.lyngsat.com/galaxy16.html

Last edited:
Shepherd's Chapel ;)
That's on analog....world harvest is H digital
Yep, it's Shepherd's Chapel (G-16 4020 V tp 16). Thanks. I put some grease in my hair this morning and everything slipping my mind. :eek:

Look for a Pastor sitting at his desk preaching 24/7 365 days a year. That's dedication!

I miss Dr. Gene Scott. I still tune in when they show some of his taped stuff.

Good luck with that! I watched Fringe last night on G16 fox c-band feed, picture quality stunk.
Blocking in the fast movement scenes, and audio drop outs. Weather was fine here and I was using a 10' dish. I discovered my OTA digital Fox signal looks much better so I'll stick with that for next week's episode, lol. If it's not raining, of course.

Wow, that's discouraging. I wish I had OTA as an option, but I'm too far out in the boonies.

That 10 footer should do real good. Just aim it at 99W. If you have a C band analog box, set the LNB to vertical and tune in on the World Harvest network. It's a real strong signal. Then set the LNB to horizontal do a blind scan on the digital box. The networks should pop in. Then peak the signal. Sliding the LNB in and out of it's holder seems to help with the Island networks. Be sure the LNB freq on your digital box is set to C band.
Using the 10 foot dish with the LNB not offset, you will not need a conical scalar ring.
Good luck!!!!

http://www.lyngsat.com/galaxy16.html

I'm going to have to do some rehab on the Bud if it's going into operation again and then I have to find a spot to plant it. Thanks for the info though, that should help a lot if I get enough time and ambition to start getting it put back together.

Wow, that's discouraging. I wish I had OTA as an option, but I'm too far out in the boonies.
Same here, no OTA at all so it's FTA or talk to the wife. :)
Wow, Fringe was great here last night, almost HD on my Quality FTA box using my mini-minbud. :) I'm only a couple points above tiling using that dish. Tiling starts at 37 SG and I'm (good weather) at 39 to 41 SQ.

EDIT: Just got corrected by Ms. Bubba, we did have blocking on Fringe. I had my beer goggles on and everything was looking good!

Same here, no OTA at all so it's FTA or talk to the wife. :)
Wow, Fringe was great here last night, almost HD on my Quality FTA box using my mini-minbud. :) I'm only a couple points above tiling using that dish. Tiling starts at 37 SG and I'm (good weather) at 39 to 41 SQ.

EDIT: Just got corrected by Ms. Bubba, we did have blocking on Fringe. I had my beer goggles on and everything was looking good!

I guess you really have to hope for clear skies being that close.

Well bummer about KTwo. Hadn't bothered to read this thread since I was getting it fine last time I looked. But this morning my wife says she couldn't get it and asked what I changed. So checked and no signal. I ordered a six dish from Sadoun a few days ago, but its on backorder for a month. Looks like no ABC for me for a while except ABC News Now. Thanks Iceberg for showing what it is listed as (newsn) on TitanTV. I figured it just wasn't even listed and never looked.

This is a bummer! One year ago, I go into FTA by putting up a 3' fortec ku dish, largely to get 83W and 123W and to get sense of the ethnic stuff on 97W, now 123W has lost all of the good commercial stuff, although Research and the UW channel aren't bad. I can view sats from 63W to 125W (123W and 125W only when leaves are down)...now I'm toying with the notion of replacing my 3' with a 4 ft dish (guess that qualifies as a mini bud barely) and pop on a C/KU band LNB and hope I get some c-band stuff while not compromising my Ku band reception.
You see my dish is mounted on a roof and I don't/can't get into having a 6' dish or larger. Has anyone has descent success doing something such as this...I see Sadoun sells the 120cm dish, the lnb and an adpater for the lnb. I wouldn't get any c-band on my 90cm dish by putting a combo lnb on it (assuming it would fit and attach securely)
I will miss the WY channel on 123w! Got a kick last week watching their weather reports with snow already, all of the on air personalities appeared to be high school age!

I will miss the KTWO-DT station, since I like to watch the out of town local news.:(

Only left, are is ONN channel and KTEL-DT "No local news" and KTFL-LP "No local news" for out of town local stations on FTA KU band.

Indeed is a sad day for FTA TV veiwers......:river

I will miss the KTWO-DT station, since I like to watch the out of town local news.:(

Only left, are is ONN channel and KTEL-DT "No local news" and KTFL-LP "No local news" for out of town local stations on FTA KU band.

Indeed is a sad day for FTA TV veiwers......:river

I get KSTF-DT OTA (programming and news provided by Cheyenne - don't remember the Cheyenne callsign). But, they're only putting out 200 watts and it's all SD. I guess they don't consider this a big enough market to increase their electric bill or provide HD quality video. :shocked

KGWN CBS is the "mothership" for that station

looks like there is a construction permit for 100K watts...right now they're at 3100 watts. On UHF that aint much

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)