Ku Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RFtech

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 25, 2005
I have a C band dish and a Fortec MercuryII, the Ku is not working on the
BUD.... Can I use a Directv or Dishnetwork dish for Ku band?

"Can I use a Directv or Dishnetwork dish for Ku band?"

Too small, best to have 33" or more for Linear Ku.
To save a few bucks, you could strap a Standard Ku Lnb to the Bud though.

I have a C band dish and a Fortec MercuryII, the Ku is not working on the
BUD.... Can I use a Directv or Dishnetwork dish for Ku band?

You say it's not working like you had KU at one time and it quit. If that's the case I'm pretty sure you can get it back up and running.

The dish is a fine mesh you can't get a pencil thru it, the Ku did work at one time I don't remember what kind of LNB is on it, it about 15 to 20 yrs old. The feed horn is a dual with KU....I guess I have to up on the roof and take it apart to see what the problem is, the C band picture is good/clear. Is the C band dish as good for Ku as a Ku only dish?

I've never had a KU only dish but, the bud does work. You probably need to fine tune your alignment and possibly update the LNB for todays digital broadcasts. I'm sure if you posted the LNB specs here someone will have an idea how good it may be.

Instead of me taking apart the C Band dish just to try and get the KU working, if it will work, if I brought a KU dish for FTA channels would it be better than the KU thru the C Band dish. Can I, with the KU dish be able to use it with Directv with the directv box? I just think getting the Ku working on the c band dish is gonna be a real pain in the ass.

Let me put it this way, with a 30" or larger solid dish and a ku-Band lnbf you could get ku-Band signals as good or even better (depending on the BUD) than with your current ku capable BUD. But, Rain Fade would lose the signal quicker from the smaller dish than the larger BUD. I have a ku capable BUD, but I also have a dedicated ku dish for ku-Band signals and usually use it more than the BUD. But, my BUD is primarily used for 4dtv subscription services.
I would not try (or recommend) to mix ku FTA signals with DBS subscription signals for D* or E* on the same coax cable.

Instead of me taking apart the C Band dish just to try and get the KU working, if it will work, if I brought a KU dish for FTA channels would it be better than the KU thru the C Band dish. Can I, with the KU dish be able to use it with Directv with the directv box? I just think getting the Ku working on the c band dish is gonna be a real pain in the ass.

I don't think it will be as big a pain as you think. Ku aiming is pretty tight. You could be off just a hair and that's why you aren't getting anything. I've had to make small adjustments to mine after a couple of windstorms lately.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts