Ku Setup Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lucky53

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
Setting up a 80cm for Ku..my longitude is 119 Deg.,so I would like to use Anik F3 for my true south satellite..I am using a DMX522u linear lnb to do this..will this lnb work to get any tp.on that sat?? if not,what sat could I use?? possibly G-18??? Thanks.

AnikF3 that LNB wont get. Its circular polarity (instead of linear)
What I would do is hook up the motor to the receiver.....set up USALS on the receiver. Set your latitude/longitude and have the motor move to 121W. It will move a little bit
Use transponder 12015 V 20000 to aim the whole dish/motor assembly

AnikF3 that LNB wont get. Its circular polarity (instead of linear)
What I would do is hook up the motor to the receiver.....set up USALS on the receiver. Set your latitude/longitude and have the motor move to 121W. It will move a little bit
Use transponder 12015 V 20000 to aim the whole dish/motor assembly
Thanks Ice..I will give it a try tomorrow..

The 121W tp is MUCH stronger than the 11715 tp on Anik F3, so following Iceberg's advice is your best bet. However, it should be noted that your tp WILL pick up circular signals ( although at degraded levels ) and sometimes this is the source of some confusion. Sometimes, though, it is actually an advantage. It can be a tool , occasionally .
:)

The 121W tp is MUCH stronger than the 11715 tp on Anik F3, so following Iceberg's advice is your best bet. However, it should be noted that your tp WILL pick up circular signals ( although at degraded levels ) and sometimes this is the source of some confusion. Sometimes, though, it is actually an advantage. It can be a tool , occasionally .
:)
Yes,I could see the confusion..I thought 121w was also circular and my lnb would not work there either,however as you say its a strong tp and should work just to get a picture in to line up things..Thanks.

lucky you can use 121 if you want to, I noticed a little while ago that the echostar color bars are back on there. 11989H 3979.........but I think that comes and goes. There are others on the satellite at 121 that are linear.

OK Thanks...I'll try the 12015 first ,as I believe it to be the strongest..also will try 11989 and hopefully the color bars will be there to test..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)