Kudos for Dish Network Customer Support

salpetinga

Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
Several weeks ago, I received a call from a Dish Network rep advising me that that they had identified a number of signal failures at my location and recommended that one of their technicians come to my house at no cost to me and correct the problem. I was not aware of any problems with the exception of occasional loss of signal during heavy thunderstorms, but arranged a date for the service. Right on time the technician arrived and after examining my 2 receivers he went onto my roof and checked the dish for signal strength. Apparently, the dish had moved slightly and using a strength meter, he adjusted it, significantly improving the incoming signal. The technician then stayed to answer a few questions that I had.

I can honestly say that I have never experienced this high level of customer support from any other company. Their performance was exceptional and beyond anything that I expected. Many thanks.

Chiming in to give kudos to the Executive team. After getting conflicting info from a couple phone reps on upgrading from a 612 to *any* HD duo DVR receiver, as well as Big Ten Network availability (I'm in Nebraska, and the University of Nebraska is joining the Big Ten but the Big Ten Network isn't yet available w/o Multisport), I sent a short but polite email to the CEO address asking for an "official" answer to both questions so as to settle the uncertainty. To make a long story short, while those of us in NE don't have BTN yet as the conference is still determining the live date for DISH Nebraska subs, I got a free 722k. Didn't make any suggestion of canceling, or ask for anything to be just given to me... when I got an email reply and then *a follow-up phone call* all I did was mention I'd take a 622 if those happened to be any cheaper and were still available, as I was on a tight budget... so while I wasn't expecting anything I instead came away with top-notch treatment and a 722k.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)