KVH Tracvision LM Sat Acq Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tkcas01

Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
I have the Tracvision LM in-motion system on my RV. I have an older DTV receiver with low speed data port that I have used for almost 3 years to help the LM lock on the signal. I then turn the LM off and switch the signal to my R15 DVR so it can pick up the signal. Has always worked.

Last time I relocated, the LM will not lock on. I moved twice to make sure trees were not in the way. In talking to DTV, they say that I need to have signals from 27 of the 32 transponders to get any picture. The most I get are 4. They suggested I might have a bad cable.

Does this make sense? How could a cable pass through some transponder signals and not others? Would the LNB be another possible culprit? Tomorrow a neighbor is going to let me borrow a portable dish, so I will be able to confirm the receiver is still good. Any other similar experiences or ideas?

If the cable has become damaged in some way or another it may block certain frequencies that the transponders sit on. Are you 100% positive that you are getting a good signal from the LNB?

Say, thanks for the reply! No, not sure the LNB is providing a good signal. I was thinking of running a cable directly from the LNB to my receiver and see if anything different results. Is this a valid troubleshooting technique?

yes it is... it would eliminate the inner cables, but also check connectors as well.

OK, finally had time to troubleshoot. Borrowed a portable dish from a neighbor and confirmed my receiver is OK and confirmed the satellite location relative to trees. I tried both feeds coming out of the dome, and both would only pick up 6-8 transponders, mostly in the high end (22-31). I then ran an external cable from RF2 on the LNB directly to the receiver, and same transponder pattern there. So, should I be reasonably confident that my LNB has gone bad?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)