L3.49 for the ViP211 receivers

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
Heads up! mdonnelly maybe they will finally let us keep this one to fix the OTA problem.:)

8/1/2007: 1000 Software Version L3.49 for ViP211

Effective Wednesday, August 1st, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version L3.49 for the ViP211 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time L3.45, L3.49 will be the valid software version for the ViP211.

Thanks for the head's up. I've got my fingers crossed. It's like the E* programmers can't walk and chew gum at the same time. Fix one thing, break another. :D

I looked at my 211 this morning, but I guess it hadn't begun spooling yet. I'll check again tonight.

Yeah will check my 411 and 211 will let everyone know if I see anything different.

Well my 411 got the L3.49 and my 211 does not have it yet. The L3.49 has the Yellow Text in the guide like the L3.46 did. I did not half to do a hard reboot on my receive like I had to when it got the L3.46 so that is fixed. Anyway I do not have a OTA so I could not tell you if they addressed any of those issues. Those who did have OTA issues keep you eye out for the L3.49. A quick way to tell if you have it is by using your guide the yellow text will show up telling you to hit guide to go to your next selection. Again let us know if OTA issues go addressed.

Last edited:
Well spoke to soon. :( I went for a walk came back and the TV had a flashing snowing screen. Only way I got it back to normal was doing a hard reboot. Which what I mean by that is powering off the receiver and then unplugging it. Then I plugged it back in which got things back to normal. Hopefully I will not report any more issues.

I got L3.49 and OTA is working again for the two channels I was having problems with. I haven't had any problems but just got kicked out my own room (my daughter wanted to watch cartoons) so I haven't watched that much TV. :)

I received the L349 update. I have the snow issue like Poke was describing. I power cycled it and everything was back to normal. Went for a walk, turned on the receiver and the problem came back. This time I unplugged my HDMI cable from the receiver, turned off the receiver with the remote (standby mode), plugged the cable back in, and turned the receiver back on. Everything seems to be "working" again. I wish there was a way I could opt out of these updates until everyone else beta tests them.

I received the L349 update. I have the snow issue like Poke was describing. I power cycled it and everything was back to normal. Went for a walk, turned on the receiver and the problem came back. This time I unplugged my HDMI cable from the receiver, turned off the receiver with the remote (standby mode), plugged the cable back in, and turned the receiver back on. Everything seems to be "working" again. I wish there was a way I could opt out of these updates until everyone else beta tests them.

I heard a scream from my daughter this afternoon, "Daddy the TV doesn't work". Went upstairs to check it out and sure enough there was the snowy picture that Poke described. Reboot it the receiver and it came back but my 211 had NEVER done that before. Looks like this update is going back to Engineering or at least I hope so.

Yeah besides having to reboot that one time I have had no more issues. Glad to hear RandallA that your OTA is working again maybe it will fix some other folks as well. :)

Hmm spoke too soon again I have had no more issue since the hard reboot things have worked fine.

Someone at dbstalk.com said that this update took out his HDMI port so it looks like they might pull this one back once again.

I'm that guy. The HDMI works periodically then goes back into snow flashes again. I can't recall if I've done a hard reboot since download, so I'll try that this afternoon.

It looks like it's going out to a second batch tomorrow. I don't like it because of the snow screen I saw a couple of days ago.

8/07/2007: 1000 Software Version L3.49 for ViP 211/ DISH 411

Effective Tuesday, August 7th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version L3.49 for the ViP 211/ DISH 411 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time L3.45, L3.49 will be the valid software version for the ViP 211/ DISH 411.

I'm ready to reset as soon as it comes down. :D Actually, I doubt that I'll be affected since I'm not using HDMI at the HDTV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)