L3.49 for the ViP211 receivers

Yeah that new Signal Strength Meter they added I don't know how accurate it is. But seems this update has fixed some audio and OTA issues folks were having.

Got 3.49 this morning and using HDMI to my Sammy....everything seems to be fine. For the last few weeks channel changes with 3.45 seemed to be slow. For the few minutes i checked this AM the channel changes seem faster also.

So far so good for me.

For the second time I got the snowy screen today. Rebooting the receiver brings it back but this is not good. I hope we don't get stuck with this software update even though it fixed my OTA problems. :(

For the second time I got the snowy screen today. Rebooting the receiver brings it back but this is not good. I hope we don't get stuck with this software update even though it fixed my OTA problems. :(

it was working fine this am but tonight i got the snow screen am rebooting now to see what happens.....this is not good

i have never had a problem with HDMI either. I just got 3.49 this AM.....its not the receiver its the software.

I know. I just don't know if I should call complaining so hopefully they will stop this software update. They already have another batch scheduled for tomorrow.

8/10/2007: Software Version L4.30 for ViP 211/ DISH 411

Effective Friday, August 10th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version L4.30 for the ViP 211/ DISH 411 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time L3.45, L3.49, L4.30 will be the valid software version for the ViP 211/ DISH 411.

I just got the L 349 update. Has anyone seen this screen.
attachment.php

Check it out. You can reset the HDMI

You can get there by menu 6- 2 and than Analysis

Later

Attachments

• Picture 044.jpg
    Picture 044.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 193
I just got the L 349 update. Has anyone seen this screen.
attachment.php

Check it out. You can reset the HDMI

You can get there by menu 6- 2 and than Analysis

Later

Havent seen that screen. Boneman......have you had any problems with snow when you got L3.49 using HDMI ?

Did not check this morning to see if my snow was back. After I did a reboot last night the picture was fine. Thanks to this forum I was aware of what MIGHT happen with i got 3.49 and sure enough i did have snow until i rebooted.

PID: 08B0h, ID: 1BAC, FW: L430, Model: ViP211
Thu Aug 09 23:19:45 2007
PID=08B0h

DownloadID:'1BAC'
Upgrading FW:
'L430': 'L040'- 'L344'
'NONE': 'L040'- 'L344'
'1113': '1[01]1[A-D0-2]'
'L040'- 'L344' 'L430'- 'L430'
New FW:'L430'
List of BootStraps and BuildConfigs:

'1[01]1[A-D0-3]' 'RA[CDFGJKMPRTV-Z][A-DJ]'
IRD Model: ViP211
List of Serial Numbers:
[2] 1-4000000000

Last edited:
Hmm I only have gotten the snow screen once but maybe the 4.30 will be better than the 3.49. My 411 got the 3.49 but my 211 still on the 3.45 so we will see what the 4.30 does.

I've received the update. I had the snow screen but just powered off on the front panel. I then waited a couple of minutes and it powered on and went through the usual guide update, etc. I have not had an issue with the hdmi as others are reporting. It looks like the signal strength indicators for ota are now showing lower levels than before, but the signal still comes in fine. I really don't see much change

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts