L3.49 for the ViP211 receivers

Sorry to hear that, Howie. I got it this morning and have no problems (yet) with my HDMI->DVI setup. I tuned to my problem channel (local PBS), and no breakups. :clap

I can live with component, I guess. I didn't have the dropout problem as badly as others, although I did experience it once or twice.

It looks like it's going out to a second batch tomorrow. I don't like it because of the snow screen I saw a couple of days ago.

8/07/2007: 1000 Software Version L3.49 for ViP 211/ DISH 411

Effective Tuesday, August 7th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version L3.49 for the ViP 211/ DISH 411 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time L3.45, L3.49 will be the valid software version for the ViP 211/ DISH 411.

I have 2- vip 211 and didnt receive it yet. Hopefully the hdmi problem is fixed.

Still at L345 here, despite "James" the CSR sending a "Hit" to my ViP211 days ago.

howie14,

Did you have problems with HDMI before this update? I never had any problems with HDMI and after rebooting the receiver it hasn't happened again. I'm crossing my fingers because I don't want this bug to be there but if you've been having problems with the HDMI connection before, rebooting is not gonna do any good to you.

howie14,

Did you have problems with HDMI before this update? I never had any problems with HDMI and after rebooting the receiver it hasn't happened again. I'm crossing my fingers because I don't want this bug to be there but if you've been having problems with the HDMI connection before, rebooting is not gonna do any good to you.

I never had a problem before L3.47(oops! That's actually L3.46, isn't it?). I didn't have a problem after the rollback to L3.45 , but it's back since L3.49.

Unfortunately, I also have several non-DISH related problems with the Hitachi plasma I'm using, so there is always the chance that this is more of the same with that set and that the timing is just an odd coincidence.

Last edited:
Before call CSR, I would check your 211 R00xxx number in that thread at dbstalk site.
The call to the CSR regarded the stuttering video through the ViP211 component outputs. The CSR suggest I wait until the 211 takes L349 before calling back. Regarding DBSTalk, I usually don't go there. My 211 is R00841xxxxx-xx, so maybe someone who visits the others will let me know where my receiver stands.

Since you got banned there, and I saw your announcement on the L440 for the ViP622, will you start posting the other releases here at SatGuys on a regular basis?

"will you start posting the other releases here at SatGuys on a regular basis?"

That will make a lot more sense. That way we don't even have to bother to go to that other site.

Well, I did that by two reasons - continue long going thread; 2) keep it in one place for avoid delays and mistakes.
If they will keep my ban then I'll post it here ( as they did today again :(

Strange ppl there - I did check 15 min ago and got increased 24 hrs ban from 08-08-07 3pm to

You have been banned for the following reason:
Promoting other websites is not permitted.
Date the ban will be lifted: 08-09-07, 10:00 PM

Second punishment for same violation dosn't allowed by common law, but the ppl are above it.)

Last edited:
Well, I called tech support and as soon as I mentioned the HDMI snow, the guy offerred to swap out the receiver.

I was pretty sure that it was software and not hardware, but the new receiver will be here by the weekend, most likely.

We'll see.

Well, I called tech support and as soon as I mentioned the HDMI snow, the guy offerred to swap out the receiver.

I was pretty sure that it was software and not hardware, but the new receiver will be here by the weekend, most likely.

We'll see.

It's a good start. :)

Yeah well folks that are having HDMI issues make sure to unplug your receivers for about 2-3 minutes. Then plug them back in power up the receiver see if you get video back. It seems that some brands of TV's have more issues with HDMI than others. But if you HDMI still does not work Dish should be able to swap out your receiver.

Dish is rolling this one out slowly. The third partial release is scheduled to go out today. Usually the third spooling goes to everybody.

I finally received the update today. I don't know the details of the software but I did notice the signal strength is down like 30-50 from what it previously was showing; however, there is no problem with the video, even on 129. I also noticed the 5.1 audio problem I was having is gone too. I hope it stays that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts