L3.60 Released For VIP-622

WJMorales

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2003
Huntley Illinois
07/26/2006: 1148 Software Version L3.60 for ViP 622 DVR

Effective Thursday, July 27th, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L3.60 for the ViP 622 DVR receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time L3.60 will be the valid software version for the ViP 622 DVR.

"Video Jitter"

You'll be watching an HD channel - and the picture will begin to move and shake - almost like it's flipping between slides - gets very irritating. Remember the old days when you had the flip books with the cartoons in the lower right corner?? Imagine that..lol...

Only happened to me a few times on the 622 - but glad it's being addressed.

A/V Synch issues being fixed will be nice too. It doesn't happen too often, but I hate when it looks like I am watching a dubbed movie.. even though it is really in English.

Looking forward to trying it out!

I am working on my third 622 and if this fixes the a/v sync issue mine will be perfect. I hope it did get fixed.

WJMorales said:
07/26/2006: 1148 Software Version L3.60 for ViP 622 DVR

Effective Thursday, July 27th, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L3.60 for the ViP 622 DVR receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time L3.60 will be the valid software version for the ViP 622 DVR.

If you want real info - look there http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=622575&postcount=19

Those are neat numbers but most folks have no idea what they are looking at (myself included) we can only guess what they mean.

Can you explain them to us please?

I have major problems with the audio/video sync only on satellite HD locals, I really really hope this is fixed with this update.

gbjbany said:
I wonder if the shared view issue is that PIP works with it enabled.
More likely the fix to prevent random reboots if you don't have shared view enabled.

I have not been paying close attention lately. Does anyone know if the OTA timer's not recording when you map down the hi-def local channels issue has already been fixed in a previous update (since it doesn't appear to be addressed in this one)? Thanks.

I have mine mapped down (so channel 3 off the satellite one 003-00 and the ota HD is 003-01) and do not have any issues at all with timers.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Those are neat numbers but most folks have no idea what they are looking at (myself included) we can only guess what they mean.

Can you explain them to us please?

Start from top:
you'll see what transponder and satellite transmitting those software packages;

PID - separate elementary stream,
ID - unique ID of that spooling software,
FW - exactly version of the software;
Model - what kind of receiver targetting;

there are much more info like you saw in other posts before, what cover precisely what batch of receivers will accept the software.

So are you saying tonights 622 software release is only going out to 190 receivers? Or did 190 receivers out there get the software last night?

I'm guessing 190 are eligible to get it as of whenever Smith pulled the list, we expect (hope) them to remove that restriction sometime tonight.

Fixing the video stuttering and audio sync are two of my biggest issues. I really hope this does the trick!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)