L3.60 Released For VIP-622

Audio sync seems better, but stuttering is as bad as it has always been on NBC Chicago. Also, my DVR appears to have lost its memory of programs that it has recording and is recording the same episodes again.

nazz said:
I sat down in front of my 622 just now and it was recording a movie on the viewable tuner so I hit swap. I was greeted by a black screen with audio on the other tuner. I tried changing the channel and it slowly switched to other channels which were also black screen with audio. I could swap back and forth with the recording tuner looking fine. I had to reboot to get both tuners back. :confused:

Now tonight we were watching Van Helsing, which I had recorded, while I was recording HBO boxing and The Shining. The movie acted like it was pausing itself a couple of times and then paused again locking up the receiver. It wouldn't respond to any commands while the image was on the screen still like it was paused. It then ended up rebooting itself and being okay after that.

This makes two strange things that occured today that I haven't had happen before. I don't know if it's L3.60 related, symptoms of something else or just buggy coincidence.

CubsWin said:
Also, my DVR appears to have lost its memory of programs that it has recording and is recording the same episodes again.

Is that a problem with the DVR or a problem with insufficient program information in the guide? Last night I noticed mine was recording reruns of Hex on BBC America, and when I looked I saw that there was no description for the reruns. But on the other hand, I've also had it record repeats of Get Out and Art Mann Presents on HDNet, which did have full descriptions, but maybe it has to do with the air date data which I seem to remember reading something about not being complete a long time ago? (Just guessing here.) It never records the repeats later the same night, but if the same episode airs a few weeks later, it records it. But I don't know how long the DVR is supposed to retain the list of things it's recorded in the first place, especially if you've played and deleted them. Anybody know?

L360 Broke My HDMI Connection!

Prior to the software fix L360, I never had a problem with my HDMI setup. A/V receiver is a Denon & TV is a Sharp lcd. Was one of the 1st to get a 622 rcvr installed, early this year. Last night, checked all my system flags. Nothing had been changed on my end. I knew it had to be Dish created. Called them this morning. Went thru all the stuff they said, hold in power button for seven seconds, unplug unit for fifteen seconds, etc. Did not fix problem. Then she wanted me to bypass everything between sat. rcvr & TV. I said "You got to be kidding. Do you know what that involves? I refuse to do it." End of quote. During the whole conversation, I kept repeating that the only change in my setup was L360. She did not want to hear it. At this point, she asked me the model number of the TV. Gave it to her. Then, she had me go to the TV connected to T2. Went to menu & read her the hardware, software, bootstrap, etc. info. Guess what? At this point, she finally admitted that there is a software fix coming out in November to fix this problem. Wow!! The bottom line is that they are sending me out a new receiver, because that is the only way they can fix the problem at this time. I insisted on a prepaid ship back label. I will keep you posted if this new hardware/firmware fixes the HDMI problem.

l2.60

I got update don't know when but noticed audio syn problem last night watching Pee wee on hd movies also starz hd watching zorro couldn't tell the hd channel from sd channel starz my other hd channels look fine