L4.01 For ViP622 Is Coming!

i'm guessing they've backed down from their original release plans to a less robust version with one little fix and no new features, to say that they at least made a release by the end of the month.;)

Safe to say that L3.66 will be a very minor update. It certainly isn't L4.01 renumbered if that's what anyone thinks !! Someone over at DBS speculated that it might only involve a fix related to Daylight Savings Time.

L366 is here

:confused:
Safe to say that L3.66 will be a very minor update. It certainly isn't L4.01 renumbered if that's what anyone thinks !! Someone over at DBS speculated that it might only involve a fix related to Daylight Savings Time.

Well L4.66 is here, and nothing obvious is changed. Perhaps DST change? Seems unlikely that they expect L4.01 very soon or they would not have bothered with L3.66.:(

HEY! If they spooled L4.01 and it broke something(S) we would really be pissed - let them get it right!

HEY! If they spooled L4.01 and it broke something(S) we would really be pissed - let them get it right!
I would second that if I could remember when the last update was.
The time between updates has grown to the point that they should NEVER find a bug at the eleventh hour. :mad:

Sometimes its worse being on here and hearing all the rumors. You get excited and hyped for the next feature and then its delayed "indefinately"....the heck?

Is ignorance really bliss?

Yes its only a Daylight Savings Time fix.

L4.01 has been delayed indefinately.

Of course. What could we expect from Dish! Frankly I am tired of their constant lies and broken promises. This box has been out for over the year and simplest things do not work like DD thru HDMI. Not to mention audio dropouts. This box should be priority for them, but instead old crap receivers get software before 622. I have three 622's but if they are not going to start fixing and working on this box I will have to disconnect their service. When I had D* their HD quality sucked but their recievers do not have nearly as many bugs as E*. Plus they usually deliver software updates as promised.

... When I had D* their HD quality sucked but their recievers do not have nearly as many bugs as E*...
... or as many features.
I hate software delays too. But if you are going to compare D*'s flagship HD-DVR against E*'s, you will lose. Frustration noted though.

... or as many features.
I hate software delays too. But if you are going to compare D*'s flagship HD-DVR against E*'s, you will lose. Frustration noted though.

I had D* HD Tivo not their HD DVR. For awhile I had both services. Nothing is as good as Tivo but E* DVR is good enough.

Its frustrating but I would rather them NOT release it then have a repeat of last year's L3.63 fiasco (fixes to which still do not exist; ie last night I hit pause for a bit, and sure enough, it jumped to live tv....)

Its frustrating but I would rather them NOT release it then have a repeat of last year's L3.63 fiasco (fixes to which still do not exist; ie last night I hit pause for a bit, and sure enough, it jumped to live tv....)

At this point I really do not care for new features. Those should come after everything else works properly. I WANT DD THRU HDMI AND FIX FOR AUDIO DROPOUTS.

Sometimes its worse being on here and hearing all the rumors. You get excited and hyped for the next feature and then its delayed "indefinately"....the heck?

Is ignorance really bliss?

I too thought the posters here actually had "sources" for a while. I soon learned anyone can claim a new channel or software update will come out on Wed or Thurs. They are wrong 9 out of 10 times. So either they don't really have "sources" or their "sources" suck. Either way, you can stop getting your hopes up. I only believe the post of things that have actually happened now.

Hello, I'm new here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts