L4.03 on 622

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, I guess I can feel special now as I can be added to the "hosed by the update" list.

When I am recording and attempt to switch to the other tuner, nothing happens (well, one thing that DOES happen is the show banner changes--it's very subtle--the banner shows the "Recording" icon and when you "change" tuners, the banner stays the same, EXCEPT it has no Recording icon... wierd!).

Even stopping the recording does not fix it; the unit will only show one tuner, even after changing the channel. A re-set restores the dual-tuner "swapability", but only until you record again. Then it's back to square 1.

I called Dish and the CSR dutifully took down the info (referred to it as a "problem with the DREADED upgrade") and said she would pass it to the technicians. I asked if someone would be contacting me and she said, "Oh, no. Just one day you'll notice it's working correctly." I wonder if I can have that same attitude about paying my bill.... they can just wait till one day they notice I decided to pay.

L4.03 is STILL whacked

Since Dish FORCED me to use their latest lame attempt at software for the 622, our 622 ...
-- has frozen and had to be rebooted EVERY time we try to use it:(
-- has not recorded several scheduled programs including "Desperate Housewives"

BTW the later has made DISH a very bad word in my wife's vocabulary -- the F word is more polite :)

We have come to dread EVERY Dish software "upgrade". The Dish software engineers are simply incompetent at implementing and testing these "upgrades". We are at 4.03 and they still haven't fixed the basics, like not freezing the machine -- DUH.

Talon Dancer

I got the update the other day. Really like the changes. But I was using the PIP today and then all of sudden it stopped working I couldn't get it to come up and I could swap to the other tuner. Don't seem to be able to get anything on the 2nd tuner now.

I cleared the switch matrix as recommended in this thread, but didn't help. However, the details of the switch test show this error. INVALID DISHPRO SWITCH DETECTED, CODE 15,A2. Don't know if it's related at all, but I had my 500 replaced with a 24 in Dish for 129 last weekend.

I'm glad to report that I haven't seen any more crashes after my initial update to 4.03. I am seeing different behavior when fast forwarding content. Instead of the steady replay speed it used to have it now "pulses" speeding up and slowing down as it fast forwards. Is everyone seeing this change?

I'm glad to report that I haven't seen any more crashes after my initial update to 4.03. I am seeing different behavior when fast forwarding content. Instead of the steady replay speed it used to have it now "pulses" speeding up and slowing down as it fast forwards. Is everyone seeing this change?

I thought it was my imagination at first. But I also see the pulsing now. Either way is fin3 with me.

I wish they would have the fast forward work like my old DirecTv/Tivo box. When you were fast forwarding and hit play, it would jump back a few seconds. This was most handy when going real fast and then seeing your show come back on.

I'm honestly surprised at how many people use FF. I used to use it on my Tivo, but after trying out the 30 second skip and 10 second skip back, there is no way that I would use FF again.

I got the update the other day. Really like the changes. But I was using the PIP today and then all of sudden it stopped working I couldn't get it to come up and I could swap to the other tuner. Don't seem to be able to get anything on the 2nd tuner now.

I cleared the switch matrix as recommended in this thread, but didn't help. However, the details of the switch test show this error. INVALID DISHPRO SWITCH DETECTED, CODE 15,A2. Don't know if it's related at all, but I had my 500 replaced with a 24 in Dish for 129 last weekend.
I had the same thing happen a couple days ago, did the power button re-boot and that fixed it, I didn't see any switch error. I use 2 Dish 500's and a DP34.

I posted this on another thread before I realized this big one was here, so please forgive me for repeating myself.

I have always recorded all of my PPV Movies on DVDs using either composite or S-Video. Last night I received the L4.03 software and now my DVD Recorder says "Copy Protected-Can't Record" as soon as I press the record button. I can record programs, but no PPV movies. I just recorded one last night and I didn't have any problems, but I had a couple more to record and I received the error message on both movies. I've recorded over 100 PPV Movies and this is the first time I've ever had this problem, so I figure it must be the software.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Dan

Ok, dwinnie....

I got the last of my PPVs recorded onto DVD on Saturday, then Sat evening just turned the 622 off via the remote (rather than cutting power as normal). Within 10 seconds the logo disappeared, and the screen "... downloading important update, don't disturb receiver.." appeared. Afterward the 622 showed L4.03.

Sunday I tried recording to DVD one of the PPVs that I'd already recorded and had NO problem, other than I now have two DVDs of Ice Age II.

My DVD recorder is only about a year old and the instructions detail how it won't record "protected" shows, so I don't think it's an anomoly of my machine.

Phil

I'll bet it downloads next time you power it up.

I win the bet :)

Applied power Friday afternoon as normal, it booted up and acted normally until I cut power at bedtime. Still showed L4.01.

Applied pwr Sat morning, all normal, L4.01. (Recorded the rest of my PPVs onto DVD on Saturday). Showed L4.01 up until late Sat night, at which time I'd normally cut power and retire for the evening. This time I used the "on-off" button to turn the 622 off. Within 10 seconds I had the message "... downloading important updates, don't disturb the receiver...".

After which I had L4.03 so then I went ahead and cut power as usual.

Still L4.03 Sunday morning, of course, but as an experiment I tried recording a PPV on the harddrive to DVD and had no problem [as mentioned above].

I did notice that the Fast Rewind timer still reads very inaccurately, off by more than 5 minutes for every 1/2 hour rewound.

Phil

Anybody having audio drop-outs since the L4.03 update? I've been noticing a tendency of my 622 to have intermittent audio drops when playing back DVR recordings the past week or so (of both OTA and Sat channels, btw).

Sorry if this has been discussed. I did a search and it didn't seem to come up...

<snip...>I wish they would have the fast forward work like my old DirecTv/Tivo box. When you were fast forwarding and hit play, it would jump back a few seconds. This was most handy when going real fast and then seeing your show come back on.
When you are in FF just hit the "jump back" button instead of the play button. It jumps back 10 seconds and goes into play mode just the way you like.

.....G

I think many of us were getting audio dropouts long before 4.03.

I have had the audio drops since I switched to Dish a few months ago (though I had them on D* as well). However, since the upgrade, they are MUCH more frequent.

Your money's on the way.... Let me know when you get it.

Thanks, Hall!!

Apparently the money you sent is just awaiting my acknowledgment and a small deposit into your Nigerian bank account, as per the instructions in the email. Well.... it's deposited and I'm awaiting my winnings (I don't have to declare this to the IRS do I?). ;)

This thread is another reason I wish I had some OTA HD stations so I could experience what must be the predominant problems with the 622 and this software update.

Phil

I have had the audio drops since I switched to Dish a few months ago (though I had them on D* as well). However, since the upgrade, they are MUCH more frequent.

I think both you and 'navychop' are correct--there's long been the annoyance of the occasional audio dropout, but I really noticed it being much worse the last week and a half. Which I'd say corresponds to something that's changed--and I'm wondering if L4.03 is it.

Beta TOA1?

Anyone else receive a new beta update beyond l403. On the machine that I gave for the early release of L401 I just got an update to TOA1. Only obvious thing i've seen is program info instead of episode number shows Ser and Epld with hex values.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts