L4.41 Software

I have received the upgrade too. I have checked this morning. My question now is:

Is it possible to assign an IP? I only have two IP in DHCP scope(I have done this for this exercise), but I usually use static. So if you know where to go to change the settings please let me know.

The groups are nice and are a good start, I would like to see them allow us to make User Folders, so I can make a Scott folder and have all my shows go into my folder and my wife can have a folder where all her CSI shows can go.

I was going to take screenshots today but dumb me unplugged my slingbox network connection and plugged it into the 622 to test the ethernet connection. (Doh!)

What is the Ethernet port going to do? I'm connected but when using Dishhome it's still dialing out. Even locked at one point.

I don't think that the ethernet is working for the DishHome features yet. Maybe that will come later. For now it is just for the IP Callback (making your receiver dial home without a phone connection). Hopefully soon (Scott has indicated that it could be as early as sometime next month) they will activate Dish Online which will let you download "on demand" type of programming.

So far I really like 4.41. I was surprised when I turned on the TV to see a message other than "press select to continue". This new message time is a great idea by DISH. I also did a quick check and it seems it connected to the net without any problems.

Way to go DISH.

Shawn

For people inquiring about assigning your ViP receiver a fixed IP address, most home Routers (Linksys/Netgerar/D-Link/Belkin, etc.) have the ability to do this. You need to look at the LAN IP Setup page on your router and enter the MAC address of the ViP receiver along with the IP address you want to assign. When the router gets a DHCP request from that MAC address, it assigns the IP address you told it to use. Simple.

If what I said makes no sense, then you probably don't need a fixed IP address for your ViP receiver(s) anyway...

I just checked and I'm still on the old L405 (from what people are saying, it will be easy to see if the new version is here by the new screensaver).

Last edited:
For people inquiring about assigning your ViP receiver a fixed IP address, most home Routers (Linksys/Netgerar/D-Link/Belkin, etc.) have the ability to do this. You need to look at the LAN IP Setup page on your router and enter the MAC address of the ViP receiver along with the IP address you want to assign. When the router gets a DHCP request from that MAC address, it assigns the IP address you told it to use. Simple.

If what I said makes no sense, then you probably don't need a fixed IP address for your ViP receiver(s) anyway...

Look for Static DHCP in your router.

I have done this with my NetGear, but it is something that the average home user may not catch on to.

Unless DISH makes this easy for we the public, that knows nothing about how to do this connection with the ip address, mac address, etc., this feature will be useless to the majority. I have my router hooked to my 622 with an ethernet cable and it gets nothing on the 622 at all. All 0000s. I've reset my 622 but it still doesn't make a difference.

Is there a thread about the folders? I have been waiting for this for A LONG TIME!!!

My family records to the point that it drives me nuts cuz I can't find my sh*t!!

Lets see some screen shots!

You'll basically see a button named "Group" at this screen. When you press it, all the recordings named CSI for example will go into a folder named CSI. So after pressing Group, that screen will only show the folder names.

Attachments

• myrecordings.jpg
    myrecordings.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 355
How do I connect my 622 to my router? Is there an update on the 4.41 contents?

To simplify things, you'd need a LAN connection from the RJ45 port of your 622 to your router. This can be a "hard wired" connection, or a wireless device (do a search on wireless and 622 and you'll find some models that some are using).

Providing your router is set up as a DHCP server, nothing else need be done. The 622 will be given an IP address and will be connected.

Any other questions, send me a PM and I'd be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Spence

What it does is group all the shows with the same name in a folder.
Tell me we can enable or disable this "grouping" function, please. I'm not resistant to change but we try and keep our recording list fairly small. If we had a lot of the same shows, I'd use it. If we don't though, I'd rather not have them grouped. I presume it's add'l button presses to get the show you want to play too.

Unless DISH makes this easy for we the public, that knows nothing about how to do this connection with the ip address, mac address, etc., this feature will be useless to the majority.
First, this feature is optional. Second, the majority likely won't have any interest in connecting their receiver to the internet. This only appeals to a small group (at least initially).
I have my router hooked to my 622 with an ethernet cable and it gets nothing on the 622 at all. All 0000s. I've reset my 622 but it still doesn't make a difference.
Do you have L441 ?? If yes, do you have a bad cable ? A bad port on the router ? There's no need to reset the receiver. When you receive the update that enables this, it will reboot anyway and on that reboot, networking will be turned on.

I got it on both my 622's this am. I like the OTA Icon on the recordings.

I also noticed that the clock on the top of the guide will flash "Press Guide for XXX" where XXX is All Subscribed, HD, All Channels (and I assume favorites lists if you use them).

Not sure I like that one. (I know how to use my receiver, thank you).

I need to get a couple of gaming adapters that can do WPA-PSK.

LER

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)