L4.41 Software

Does anyone know if the Homezone ViP622HZ will incorporate the external storage feature, or calling home over ethernet? (especially since it is already hooked to the internet via 2Wire gateway.)

Just another small block... nowhere near us 8000 series boxes.
Actually you did little misquoting, it should be:

'1[3-8]1[AB0-6]' 'RB[BDEGHKL][A-DJ]'
IRD Model: ViP622
List of Serial Numbers:
[2] 73174765-78566181

First line is important part of selection - each person who ask 'why his receiver running old SW' should check his System Info for Bootstrap/BuildConfig IDs also.

Actually you did little misquoting, it should be:

'1[3-8]1[AB0-6]' 'RB[BDEGHKL][A-DJ]'
IRD Model: ViP622
List of Serial Numbers:
[2] 73174765-78566181

First line is important part of selection - each person who ask 'why his receiver running old SW' should check his System Info for Bootstrap/BuildConfig IDs also.

Ok, I edited out the last line... :)

Just another small block... nowhere near us 8000 series boxes.

wow, my serial is over the 83XX so I should get the update in a month by now, hahaha

My 622 was replaced like 2 months ago, and I received a factory one with SW L0.61 installed. Even the remote work at that time. haha

Ok, this comment may not be allowed, but, if the 622 and 722 are using the exact same firmware, could it be possible to drop a 500GB drive into a 622 and it then thinks its a 722? I know there are other settings flags, boot code, etc. that determine model and behavior besides just the firmware, but perhaps this time around it just checks the drive size and decides which of the two models it is. Any mods can pull this post if that is something that should not be discussed here, or someone let me know and I'll pull it out.

Given that plenty of people own their 622s, they're certainly free to try what you asked. No issue with questions like that not being allowed.

I know TiVo hard drives have factory setup programming on them. I would think that the drive is at least partitioned on the 622.

You will have to JTAG your receiver (so that you will receive a firmware update and you need some information from there) and copy certain sectors from the current drive to the new drive, then it might work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)