L4.41 Software

Whats Hack Talk? Sounds scary!

Hack Talk = The discussion of modifying a receiver to receive programming not subscribed to (theft). Posts that discuss procedures or equipment to perform said modifications are strictly prohibited on Satellite Guys. Violators will be banished and subject to public flogging by Mr. Iceberg.

That's not really the case here. The discussion involved being able to install a larger hard drive into a 622, it just so happens that the hypothetical procedure discussed could involve using a named piece of equipment that hackers also use. For further information you can check out the DishMod and DishRip groups at Yahoo.

NightRyder

Last edited:
My thinking on making it think it is a 722, is expanded active storage, in addition to any larger archive storage. Since it takes several minutes to copy shows, you pretty much will have to mark multiple shows for copying, and leave it for a while. If there is a larger active storage space, you may be able to avoid having to archive some items at all. I'm also interested in seeing what the HD VOD stuff looks like, which is only available with the larger drive.

You will have to JTAG your receiver (so that you will receive a firmware update and you need some information from there) and copy certain sectors from the current drive to the new drive, then it might work.

Oh boy ! He came from stone age of 501 or 508 PVR ! :D probably just return from too much reading at Yahoo groups. ;)

wow, my serial is over the 83XX so I should get the update in a month by now, hahaha

My 622 was replaced like 2 months ago, and I received a factory one with SW L0.61 installed. Even the remote work at that time. haha

Same here. Funny that the new features start tomorrow, but only a few people have the appropriate SW to go with. I most likely get my 722 shipped before my 622 gets the new SW, but the 722 was FULL PHASE.:rolleyes:

Never mind it just went FULL PHASE for 622...

The tech updates site says all 622's get this tomorrow (guessing morning):

8/14/2007: 1000 Software Version L4.41 for ViP 622 DVR

Effective Wednesday, August 15th, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L4.41 for the ViP 622 DVR receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time L4.41 will be the valid software version for the ViP 622 DVR.

Seems pretty brave to do them all at once. (With support having to deal with not only the calls for adding the recording feature, but also having to deal with any failures due to the update all in the same day.)

The tech updates site says all 622's get this tomorrow (guessing morning):

8/14/2007: 1000 Software Version L4.41 for ViP 622 DVR

Effective Wednesday, August 15th, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L4.41 for the ViP 622 DVR receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time L4.41 will be the valid software version for the ViP 622 DVR.

Seems pretty brave to do them all at once. (With support having to deal with not only the calls for adding the recording feature, but also having to deal with any failures due to the update all in the same day.)
Where would one find this info? Is there a link?

I just scheduled an update and my last remaining receiver now has L4.41. If I can get it, everyone else should be able to download it.
You did NOT force the update. They targeted add'l receiver ID numbers and yours is in that list. It would have downloaded on it's own when your receiver went into standby mode or during/after the normal update.

ok just for S&G I scheduled an update, shut the unit off using teh remote.... and... we shall see.

How long before I know if it happened? I scheduled for 7:25..... this ain't terribly important other than just to see if it actually updates just because it's time to update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)