L6.14 changes? (ViP622/722)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
With all of the release notes stated I thik dish should hire one of the Sat guys permium members
Probably a good idea but really, it only been a week since 6.14 came out. Folks here seem to have a handle on whats fixed or broke...again.;) From my viewpoint the non-starter of IP scheduling is the biggest letdown. Nevermind the fact that many of the folks still haven't seen a 1080p movie on their box. Dish is like having a hi-maint girlfriend! "Yes I'm almost there... soon"! :D

I keep getting this when registering?

We are unable to validate your DISH Network Account Number due to system timeout. Please continue your registration without this number for now. You will be able to add your DISH Network Account Number to your DISHONLINE.com profile later.

Me too, as stated earlier in this thread. We need to wait until they are ready. And as always it will be....SOON. Don't hold your breath.

We are unable to validate your DISH Network Account Number due to system timeout.
Simple, the DishOnline website takes your information and tries to validate it with a 2nd system (a hook into Dish's "main" system ?) but that 2nd one isn't answering at the moment. Reason ? The setup isn't ready or done or it's turned off.

Dishonline isn't set up for online scheduling yet there are some bug on the website. Was told that by a dish Tech CSRthat by the first part of the week it should be up and runnin'.

Release Notes for L614:

* TRIED Fixes whatever we broke in L612 and L613

* Re-introduced OLD bugs

* Introduction of new non-functioning application

* Introduction of NEW bugs

* Prevent VOD from still functioning properly for most receivers

:up:up

a fix for the annoying signal lost box for ota ?

I just watched a show recorded last night after the 6.14 update and noticed that the lost signal pop up box that was annoying as hell seems to be gone. I get the nbc feed out of mobile which is a weak signal for me with many drop outs. since the update that box is gone, even though on the show I watched there a lot of breaks ups which would always trigger that box. anybody else notice the difference? I wonder if it is just on recorded or if it is gone on the live version too, I'll check that out later when the signal gets weaker. this brings me to another problem from the last update that I've seen some post's on. I always use single mode so after the last update whenever the second tuner was on an ota that was weak, tuner one would pop up the blue box saying looking for sat or something like that, but if you hit the dvr button it would come back with no loss of recording, maybe this update has fixed both problems. anybody see any difference in that yet? Also for those who still care I'll try my copy trick for the seagate ehd and update that old chestnut thread. "13 months and still going" and they said it couldn't last. :p That didn't take long, my little trick still works and I can make copy's from a seagate ehd. Of course that means there's still no fix for the seagate sleep issue, maybe next update.

Last edited:
622 crashing if I try to change any timers

Ever since my 622 got L6.14, any attempt to use skip/restore or modify an existing timer in any way (including deleting a timer) will cause a crash and reboot. I tried a hard reset by pulling the power cord out but that made no difference.

1 bug fixed--- ?? to go!

That loss of signal box has been taken care of at last. I've been watching golf on my ota feed today with many drop outs with not a single pop up box, so I would say that annoying feature is gone at last. That might not of been an actual bug, but it was a very unnecessary feature. With that gone it most likely has fixed the bug that was causing the 2nd tuner to have the pop up searching for sat box in single mode. Now if they can make it where you can have picture in picture in dual mode for those who have ota , that would be sooo nice, after all there are 3 tuners.

I think I am having some of them same issues with l6.14...I scheduled 2 events and am wondering if maybe loss of signal came up and then didnt record either event at all? By the way weather was good and did not have any messages as far as signal being out when i got home from work. But missed the Brewers recording. (Very upset) I main reason I switched to dish was for HD and to be able to get more sports...well, this is my opinion was the most important game to date other then the 2 Green Bay superbowls that I wanted to watch. Thanks Dish. I hope I can find someone that has it recorded. Bill

I've noticed the blackouts also

L614 has some minor problems. I've noticed intermittent blackouts on some recorded material, approximately 1/2 to 1 full second of black screen with resumption apparently at the place the show would have been without the blackout. Not major, but a definite glitch. In addition, L612 timer problems seem to be back with timer issues--I had a failure to record on a sports program extension on Sunday and a "jump-back" of several minutes when I was trying to go back approximately 40 seconds while watching a recorded show.

It's surprising to see a resurgence of issues I thought L613 had fixed.

fitzie

got this email:

Me:
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2008 1:47 PM
To: DISHonline
Subject: DISHonline Question

How do I add my account # so I can online schedule?

Them: today

Mr. xxxxxx,

Your account is now active. Currently, the DVR scheduling feature is still undergoing testing and will be available shortly. (i.E. SOON)my comment

- Andrew

Re: 622 crashing if I try to change any timers

Ever since my 622 got L6.14, any attempt to use skip/restore or modify an existing timer in any way (including deleting a timer) will cause a crash and reboot. I tried a hard reset by pulling the power cord out but that made no difference.

I think I found a solution for this. I thought maybe something was corrupted in the timers, so I decided to try deleting them all and re-creating them. (I had about 40.)

Deleting them caused another crash and reboot, which I expected. The first time I tried to create a new timer (to start putting all my old ones back) it crashed again, so I guess it wasn't the timers themselves.

Then I figured it must be the program guide data that was corrupted. I remembered reading somewhere else that doing a check switch will usually cause the receiver to reload the guide data, so I did a check switch and it did sit there for almost 10 minutes fetching new guide data.

Then I proceeded to put back all my timers and not a single crash. Tried using skip/restore and no problems with that either. So I suspect that just forcing a reload of the program data by doing a check switch would have cured the problem without the hassle of having to re-add all my timers.

oops spoke too soon

That loss of signal box has been taken care of at last. I've been watching golf on my ota feed today with many drop outs with not a single pop up box, so I would say that annoying feature is gone at last. That might not of been an actual bug, but it was a very unnecessary feature. With that gone it most likely has fixed the bug that was causing the 2nd tuner to have the pop up searching for sat box in single mode. Now if they can make it where you can have picture in picture in dual mode for those who have ota , that would be sooo nice, after all there are 3 tuners.

I watched a recorded show last night and it seems like it takes a complete loss to trigger the box. So it does appear that the update made the loss of signal box a lot less sensitive. Still a major improvment for my set-up

I'm getting the intermittent blackouts, anywhere from a second to ten or fifteen. Audio remains solid in that time.

We are unable to validate your DISH Network Account Number due to system timeout. Please continue your registration without this number for now. You will be able to add your DISH Network Account Number to your DISHONLINE.com profile later.
I was able to successfully register my dish network account number with the DISH-Online site this morning - under the my account - change preferences section.

Nothing more than that, but it's a start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts