L6.14 changes? (ViP622/722)

Did anyone check dish on line?? it clearly states that programming you VCR is comming soon--not avaiable yet.

Thier is that word soon and I did not get my smartcard will I ever be able to do on line scheduling

(maybe when I can spell so I guess never):(

Gonna go out on a limb here and assume you meant DVR, not VCR???

I don't think the smartcard has anything to do with on-line scheduling.

Gonna go out on a limb here and assume you meant DVR, not VCR???

I don't think the smartcard has anything to do with on-line scheduling.

I was hoping the smartcard would give me some smarts so I would know it is Digital not video.

Oh well I guess I will never be smart I an't got one of them smartcard thingy

Didn't know he had one. :eek:

Uh, the usual thread goes like this:

clueless said:
Still no FX-HD ! Charlie is a liar !

kstuart said:
Charlie never promised he would add FX-HD. You shouldn't attack him for something he hasn't done.

respected_site_admin said:
Yes, Charlie never promised any specific channels

clueless said:
Oh, I was just joking

which is obviously just to save face and to avoid admitting to making a mistake. Then other people think "oh, kstuart is attacking him for making a joke." :rolleyes:

My observation is that I have at least as much of a sense of humor as anyone else, but, of course, I am biased. :)

I heard we were getting Remote Scheduling Soon, but I did not expect it this soon. :)
Good - because it doesn't appear to be here yet!

I tried entering in my account number for dishONLINE and it won't take it yet. My guess is that when they allow the account numbers to be added to your preferences that you will then be able to schedule DVR programs online.

**Anyone get the online DVR scheduling to come up yet or be able to enter your account number???

I put my account number in a long time ago. But the app just doesn't work, period. Maybe... "s00n"

Glad I decided to buy a slingbox a long time ago and didn't wait for this piece-o-crap to be finished.

The Dish standby screen started saying (as of today for me I think) this:

"If you have high-speed internet, you can schedule events on your receiver from the Internet. Connect your receiver's Ethernet port to your router, then visit DISHonline.com to activate this feature."

To be honest though, I don't really understand why you have to hook up your receiver to the Internet. It seems that they could send those extra few bytes of data in their normal transmissions.

The Dish standby screen started saying (as of today for me I think) this:

"If you have high-speed internet, you can schedule events on your receiver from the Internet. Connect your receiver's Ethernet port to your router, then visit DISHonline.com to activate this feature."

To be honest though, I don't really understand why you have to hook up your receiver to the Internet. It seems that they could send those extra few bytes of data in their normal transmissions.

It's because satellite is a one way street and they need data back from the receiver, hence the internet connection.

Agree with Pepper. Having a slingbox makes this functionality moot.
Dish knows that most customers, at least those with HDTVs and HD receivers, have computers and in most cases, reasonable internet connections, so this method requires nothing additional. I would never buy a Slingbox myself.... I have no need to watch my TV from anywhere other than home. There are times I might forgot to schedule a DVR event and this online-scheduling option is great in that case.

hell-freezes-over.jpg

This is when Dish will issue the L614 release notes.

Thanks to kstuart for the image. :)

Release Notes for L614:

* TRIED Fixes whatever we broke in L612 and L613

* Re-introduced OLD bugs

* Introduction of new non-functioning application

* Introduction of NEW bugs

* Prevent VOD from still functioning properly for most receivers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts