L6.14 changes? (ViP622/722)

My 622 has a new problem and am trying to see if it is related to 614. The timers on the OTA channels are no longer recording. Even deleted some of the timers and re-created the recording schedule for the show - they still do not work! This is OTA channels only...

622 keeps rebooting after L6.14 update

I've had this happen twice. Once to my original 622 back in July 2008 and now to the replacement in Sept 2008.

I did some checking on the dishnetwork support site and found the link talking about software updates. I suspected it was a software update because each time it started rebooting in the middle of the night when a software update would usually be pushed out. I found the link showing the current list of software for each receiver.

It's now been updated but when I first looked at it the current software for the VIP622 was L5.14 (or something in the L5 range). That update happened back in July. The same time my first 622 started rebooting. During one of the times I could get my current receiver stable I checked the system info and saw that it was at L614. The link above shows that this was pushed out around 9/19/2008, around the time it started rebooting again.

I'm working to install another replacement. Dish Network gave me the ability to copy my programs to an external drive and waved the $39.99 fee since this happened twice and I've been a customer for years. (You gotta talk nice to customer support. :) ) As soon as I get a bigger hard drive and hopefully keep the receiver up long enough to copy things off, I'll copy my shows down to the new one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)