L6.25 is now out

tnsprin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 27, 2003
L6.25 (l625) has shown up on one of my ViP622s. Again nothing obvious about what was changed.

Makes you wonder what this is for on 624 on the 622/722 ;)

"Force single user mode/shared view disable via new smart card auth. right"

Only new feature I saw in the menus, probaby was there before. Was the ability to use an external drive to record on instead of the internal drive. I guess if you do not like the 30 hours of HD on the internal drive you can hookup an external drive and use it. But, I have not payed attention and this is probably an old feature.

Only new feature I saw in the menus, probaby was there before. Was the ability to use an external drive to record on instead of the internal drive. I guess if you do not like the 30 hours of HD on the internal drive you can hookup an external drive and use it. But, I have not payed attention and this is probably an old feature.

I don't think that was there before but I could be wrong.

There is still a serious bug on my 622/722's....

When I watch a program on my external drive, then press stop when I'm done, and then start watching a second show off the external drive, then press stop, the title screen that comes up is the screen for the first show. Not a major headache, until I realized that when it did this it deleted the second program and the drive available space increased. It was especially annoying if I pressed stop to go watch dinner halfway through a show and the show was now gone.

I found a workaround..... If you change the channel to a different channel midway through (ie. turn to 200 and CNN) then the bug doesn't strike.

But I'm surprised more people aren't running into this... Maybe people are just archiving shows and not viewing them off the drive as often, and if they are doing that, they aren't watching a second show.

BTW, if you go on to watch a 3rd, 4th, 5th, program, etc. the bug doesn't show up. It ONLY strikes on the second program.

I noticed this on 2/6. Usually, I get the updates about 30 days after the first announcement, but for the past 2 updates, I have received them within a couple of days. Mind you, I not complaining. Maybe Dish finally recognizes me for being the wonderful customer that I am...... :D Now....just a few hours until tonight's Tech Chat !

It was there before but never worked. Have you tried it on L6.25??

Since flags went up that L625 was out I have been checking daily to see if my 722 had gotten it. Well I forgot to check over the weekend til now when it must have come down. But what made me remember to look tonight was since last Friday or so all my recorded programs are getting the tail ends chopped off. Even though the timers now seem to be covering the time spans more accurately. This did not start happening until last Fridayish. So yes I have L625 and my programming is getting cut off. Anyone else? And I too am noticing a volume reduction. But not with commercial. Matter of fact last night commercials were much more louder than usual and more than the programming.

Oh and I have noticed a decline in PQ especially when trying to watch the Olympics. Granted I realize that the NBC feed is crap. But even with my regular programs I have had to do some readjusting to get them back to a half decent, since the black levels are off, of which I was told by DISH that they were aware of it and were working on it. Is this the fix you were talking about. No sure if I am impressed.

. . . fb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)